Andriod WiFi issue after 6.0.1 update

Reaction score
I use a Galaxy Note 5 with my P3S, i have used it with both DJI GO and Litchi without issue until AT&T recently push out the 6.0.1 update. Since then my wifi comes up with a "Connection Status" message about a min in that says that i may need to login to the network to access the internet and give me the option to cancel the connection or open my browser to login, either way not what i want to do in the middle of a flight! After browsing this site i installed "WiFi Prioritizer" in an effort to keep it connected with no luck. Is there something i am missing on my network setup now? of course my Phantom has no internet connection, so how to i force my phone to stay connect to that network?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Is the Note5 actually disconnecting from your RC, or is this just an informational message letting you know that the Note5 doesn't have Internet access?
I know there are threads-o-plenty here where iPhones are displaying an informational message alerting the user that there is no Internet available while connected to the Phantom's WiFi.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes, it disconnects and if there are not other networks that i have previously joined near by, it turns off the wifi.

i dont think it's a power saving setting as if there is a valid network that has internet access it will then connect back to that one. It only does this when connected to a network that has not internet access or one that you have to agree to AUP before allowed to the internet.

I went from my note 4 to the Nvidia Shield K1 with no cell phone service on It for a host of reasons, one of them being that I don't need it busy searching in the background while I'm trying to use a resource intensive app.
You can turn off the network search mode while you're using it strictly for a flying app.
You wouldn't want to have to answer a phone call, cancel an app update Verification, etc. etc. While trying to fly (my reasoning).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan