An evening drive with the Phantom 3 - short "movie"

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to the forums. I've had my P3 for a few months and have had a blast with it. Here's a short "movie" I put together. Don't worry, I wasn't driving ;) Comments and criticisms welcome, I'd like to improve both my flying and editing skills. Thanks!

An Evening Drive - DJI Phantom 3 (Cheyenne, Wyoming)

First thing I always look at is if the horizon is level. I know it's tricky. Everything else is good. Exposure is correct, moves are smooth, framing is nice. I think it'd be awesome if instead of music the soundtrack was a person in a car telling a story. IDK if that's the type of criticism you're looking for

Reactions: WyoDrone
First thing I always look at is if the horizon is level. I know it's tricky. Everything else is good. Exposure is correct, moves are smooth, framing is nice. I think it'd be awesome if instead of music the soundtrack was a person in a car telling a story. IDK if that's the type of criticism you're looking for
Yes, that's helpful. I didn't even notice the horizon before, looks like its crooked in many shots. Thanks

I like it. [emoji106] what did you edit with? Did you do any FPS changes or filtering? Seems like a more "film" look.

I like it. [emoji106] what did you edit with? Did you do any FPS changes or filtering? Seems like a more "film" look.

Good eye. I edited with Sony Vegas, and rendered at 24fps with some slight contrast and color edits

Reactions: S5S5G6
I am still exploring options...I plan to purchase within the next month or so and hope you would indulge a few questions...

What Phantom do you have?

I am considering the Professional or the Advanced--but I am not sure if I would use or need the 4K camera.

I have a GoPro and know that while the image quality is amazing--so is the file size. A 15 minute video requires two DVDs...

How many GB is 10 minutes of the 4K UHD video?
How many GB is 10 minutes of the regular HD video?

I think your video is impressive. I watched it a few times. It was choppy though--the video followed the red car--then the blue truck--then back to the red car. It might have been smoother if you kept to just one vehicle...

I am still exploring options...I plan to purchase within the next month or so and hope you would indulge a few questions...

What Phantom do you have?

I am considering the Professional or the Advanced--but I am not sure if I would use or need the 4K camera.

I have a GoPro and know that while the image quality is amazing--so is the file size. A 15 minute video requires two DVDs...

How many GB is 10 minutes of the 4K UHD video?
How many GB is 10 minutes of the regular HD video?

I think your video is impressive. I watched it a few times. It was choppy though--the video followed the red car--then the blue truck--then back to the red car. It might have been smoother if you kept to just one vehicle...
Glad you liked it. I agree, the storyboard is rather pointless. I was focusing on composition.

I have the phantom 3 advanced, I was debating between the pro and advanced and decided that I only wanted to shoot/edit 1080p. I like the 60fps because it gives you lots of wiggle room for slomo if you render @ 24 fps. I figured by the time 4k becomes super mainstream, the P3 will be obsolete.

I'm not at home right now, but I can pull those files sizes for you later.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
very nice clear video!! glad to hear it was the advanced. thanks for sharing!

Hello all, I'm new to the forums. I've had my P3 for a few months and have had a blast with it. Here's a short "movie" I put together. Don't worry, I wasn't driving ;) Comments and criticisms welcome, I'd like to improve both my flying and editing skills. Thanks!

An Evening Drive - DJI Phantom 3 (Cheyenne, Wyoming)
Hello there,
I liked it and so I pushed the like button...I won`t be giving out any advice here because this kind of aerial photography to me is art like and what one does with there canvas is what makes the hole thing special and unique...!!! ;-)

I notice there was a comment about the horizon....I get his point. I'm new so please forgive me if this is basic but I noticed as I was going through the manual an option to select either [FOLLOW MODE] or [FPV MODE] for gimbal operation. The [FPV MODE} would *seem* to tilt the horizon.
Do you know which mode you were in? (pg 32 of manual)

Phantom 3A arriving this week. Do you have any recommendations for a SD card size? 64GB are about $26 on Amazon and 32GB about half that amount so cost is not a real issue--I'm just wondering if it's better to have two smaller cards or one large one.

My wife and I used the smaller cards in our cameras because we had a large card crap out so we lost the entire vacation rather than just a few days worth of memories.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl