Altitude reading

Reaction score
Is the altitude reading above sea level or above where I am. When flying it doesn't look right but I'm just guessing .

The altitude at the bottom of DJI GO is the altitude above the takeoff location. See more details here.

Reactions: Loz
Thank you for the a answer to my question and posting that article. Very helpful. There was a lot of stuff on there I didn't know.

Does it give an error message (compass error) when you rise below sea level?

It doesn't know Sea Level. It only relates to your takeoff point (0'). If you descend lower than that it merely indicates a (-) altitude. Keep in mind it's approximate and ONLY relative to the point of take off.

Reactions: chatikib
It doesn't know Sea Level. It only relates to your takeoff point (0'). If you descend lower than that it merely indicates a (-) altitude. Keep in mind it's approximate and ONLY relative to the point of take off.

Interestingly the log files (.DAT) do record the absolute GPS altitude reading, and that turns out to be very accurate provided that pDOP is good, which it almost always is with a clear view of the sky. I haven't tested my Phantoms but the Mavic 2 GPS seems to be good to within a meter or two of the reference ellipsoid value in the vertical plane.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT