Altitude listed in telemetry data (DJI Go App)

Reaction score
After flying roughly 90 minutes total after five flight sessions, I find myself looking a bit more at the Ipad as my confidence has increased. Coming from an aviation background with many different altitudes that we think about - and all their acronyms and definitions - I just want to be sure I am getting this right.

The controller captures your home position and calls this altitude zero in telemetry. Subsequent indicated altitude of the copter as it ascends and descends is how far it is vertically above this zero point. Did I get that right?

What happens if one takes off from a hilltop and decides to land in a valley below, well beneath the zero point?

The home point is your zero altitude and every reading is either positive or negative to that reference. If you fly waypoints as with Litchi, each waypoint will be referenced to the zero point. If you land above or below your home point, you will create a new home point and reset the zero point to that new home point.

It's not advisable to land during a mission unless you have line of site on the UAV for this reason.

OK. Thank you. Slowly I'm figuring it out... I appreciate the reply.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl