Altitude is wrong on display

Reaction score
Hey there! First time flyer and PhantomPilots member, with a good question.

My new 3 Standard (bought 2 weeks ago) works pretty good. But I did notice the altitude is wrong on the DJI Go app. Having the camera hovering in front of my gorgeous face (I'm 5'8" in both height and waist size), the app altitude says 7'1". Now I've heard the camera adds 10 pounds, but I'm puzzled why it also added 17 inches to my physique. Any way I can recalibrate the height?

It's not unusual for the altitude to be off by a couple of feet. If it's off by a lot, doing an IMU calibration normally resolves that issue.

I doubt it'll fix your problem since your altitude is pretty close.

The altitude is calculated using data from the barometer on board your Phantom, so it's not something that can be fixed in an app update. If you upgrade to a Phantom that has VPS, you'll see more accurate numbers when flying close to the ground since the Phantom is able to locate the ground using its on board sensors.

0 feet. When I activate the auto liftoff the craft is supposed to hover at 3.9 feet. In actuality it's more like 4.5 feet.

I'm not really complaining. I'm just curious about my actual altitude when I fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan