Altitude drift

Reaction score
Just the last few days my p4 has started to slowly
Accend while I have hands off sticks.
After I launch I usually go to bout 6 feet, let the bird hover, and make sure home point is set and the bird is steady before going further.
Well now it will very slowly start to climb and move forward without any stick input.
Any ideas?

Just the last few days my p4 has started to slowly
Accend while I have hands off sticks.
After I launch I usually go to bout 6 feet, let the bird hover, and make sure home point is set and the bird is steady before going further.
Well now it will very slowly start to climb and move forward without any stick input.
Any ideas?
Hi have you had a look to see what imu sensors is doing while drone on,any change after a compass cali,

Reactions: JohnnyD913
IMU calibration time and maybe a compass and VPS cal too, but I'd almost bet that none of them will address it. Mine usually sinks a couple of feet while setting it up and it hovering in front of me. I was watching some GO Tracking Youtube video and same was happening to his as well in the demo. Seems normal for DJI.

Fwiw, the Autopilot app has some tolerance band of 45 feet as default, and one can tune it down to 15 feet in flight. No doubt DJI default is 45 feet as well. These aren't military spec'd toys.

Sounds like you may need to do a controller calibration, why it has suddenly popped up as an issue would be a guess. You can review your flight log to see if there were any inputs from the controller. If there were and you had your hands off the sticks, that would be a hint.
I had to do an IMU calibration a little while back as my P4 was bouncing around a lot on the one spot and that certainly fixed it.

Last time I calibrated either was the same day I updated firmware. I haven't calibrated since I upgrading to dji go 4
4.1.7. App and that would correspond to about when this started.
Maybe that is the problem

The rc calibrate I've completely forgot about tevek. I will try all the calibrations tomorrow.
I realize it won't be perfectly still but I do know it's drifting more than it ever has.
Thanks guys

Last time I calibrated either was the same day I updated firmware. I haven't calibrated since I upgrading to dji go 4
4.1.7. App and that would correspond to about when this started.
Maybe that is the problem
I upgraded to the latest iOS go4 app without any issues (I must be lucky I guess), I'd try the suggestions above, set your new baselines and have another crack at flying. I wouldn't touch the compass calibration if you're happy with it or prompted, may lead to you chasing your ar*e around.

I upgraded to the latest iOS go4 app without any issues (I must be lucky I guess), I'd try the suggestions above, set your new baselines and have another crack at flying. I wouldn't touch the compass calibration if you're happy with it or prompted, may lead to you chasing your ar*e around.

Lol.
Will do and will leave compass alone unless all else fails.
Lol

Any ideas?
If a remote controller calibration does not resolve the issue, then check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Did all calibrations, ( including the chase my arse dance for compass), and my bird didn't start the climb. So it appears one or more suggested
Calibrations worked.
Many thanks for all your guys quick responses.
I should have test flown after each individual calibration so we could
Have known which calibration fixed it.
For that I apologize.
I will do individual calibrations/flights in the future

Reactions: tevek

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72