Alternative way to secure the gopro?

Reaction score
It's really frustrating to have to unscrew the strap securing the gopro every time. Have you guys switched it out at all? I was thinking a twist tie or a few rubber bands.

Shartzilla said:
A couple of rubber bands works just fine.

indeed. no way i'm paying for anything. i'd use at least 2 bands, probably double looped, just in case 1 snaps during flight for some reason.

x3 on rubber bands.

Been using several hair ponytail small black rubber bands. They are small, light, inexpensive, and go on and off easily.

4 or 5 over the camera provides redundancy, plus a couple more on the back to lock the front bands on the gimbal frame.

OI Photography said:
This has gotten some good reviews so I ordered one (hasn't shipped yet), seems to be a smart alternative: https://www.shapeways.com/model/1644897 ... acket.html

So I bought this and was really disappointed when it arrived and tried it (I have the H3-3D gimbal). The brackets on top and bottom collide with the gimbal when articulating the mount up and down. It prevents the gopro from pointing all the way down. Had to ditch it.

damoncooper said:
OI Photography said:
This has gotten some good reviews so I ordered one (hasn't shipped yet), seems to be a smart alternative: https://www.shapeways.com/model/1644897 ... acket.html

So I bought this and was really disappointed when it arrived and tried it (I have the H3-3D gimbal). The brackets on top and bottom collide with the gimbal when articulating the mount up and down. It prevents the gopro from pointing all the way down. Had to ditch it.

Thanks for the feedback Damon, and I just saw your feedback on the shapeways page. I actually just got the notice a minute ago that mine has now shipped, so I'll have it in a few days to see if it gives me the same hassle and if so I'll get pics to show the problem.

damoncooper said:
OI Photography said:

You were pushing it on too far!! There are raised points on the end of the upper and lower clips that slip into the screw holes on the gimbal. When it's fitted correctly like that, the front piece of the bracket sits very close to the lens. Pushing the clips past that point takes the bracket over to cover the GoPro LEDs and then you'll get the issue you're complaining of.

(Back on the forum temporarily after a short break :) )

damoncooper said:
I didn't push it on too far. The gimbal is actually what makes contact with the piece, no matter how I put it on.

OK, well in that case I guess that either your H3-3D or your Shapeways bracket was manufactured in a different way from mine because with mine, when the nubs on the extreme ends of the Shapeways bracket are clipped into the screw holes on the gimbal it is impossible for the bracket to make contact with the gimbal :?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl