Airport/plane log. How I get on.

Hi all,

Well I'm now back in the UK, been home for about a hour or so;) blimey don't fill like I've been away........:(

Update at Miami.... I had to open my case for security...they swabbed everything in there. Looking for traces of explosives:eek: the guy was very nice & was asking loads of questions about my Phantom.

The flight with AA was good, again I put my case in the overhead lockers, loads of room;)

So my 1st time taking my P2V abroad was hassle free, I had no problems at all;)

So for anyone else thinking about doing it, it will be fine;) even with the props, I took 8 with me;)

Now I need to bore you all with my pics/vids but I need to get myself my iMac 1st which will be within the next couple of days;)

Thanks again to all for following this thread, hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have;) Cor I'm sooooooo knackered now.... Think I'll be having a power nap shortly.

Thought I'd try & upload a picture from home, no problems:D
View attachment 32619

I now need to sort out my compass problem, update the new app & start upgrading the firmware on my other thing, another day I think;)
Welcome home Porky glad the trip went so well and it was great fun catching up on your adventures each day;) I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the mass upload of pictures from piglet and your gono:).

A word of warning don't update the app to 1.0.52 it is still screwed up and DJI will be releasing a new version soon. If you update and try and go into ground station it crashes:mad:

@Clampit
I hope this catches you before you update the Vision app!

Don't update the app to 1.0.52 it is still screwed up and DJI will be releasing a new version soon. If you update and try and go into ground station it crashes:mad:

Sorry for the double post on the app but I had a hell of a time rolling back to 1.0.48;)

Reactions: Clampit
@Clampit
I hope this catches you before you update the Vision app!

Don't update the app to 1.0.52 it is still screwed up and DJI will be releasing a new version soon. If you update and try and go into ground station it crashes:mad:

Sorry for the double post on the app but I had a hell of a time rolling back to 1.0.48;)

Thanks for the heads up Mike, still running the old app so all good my end;) I'll wait for your new app to come out then I'll upgrade. So the app DJI bought out just before I went on my hols is crap? Glad I see the new app after I'd left for my hols;)

Reactions: Mike Drone7
Another update,

Just calibrated my compass here in my garden, guess what... It calibrated 1st time:eek: what was that all about in the carribean.....

I've just done an advanced IMU calibration, well it did get knocked about a bit on the way home;) so better be safe than sorry, all fine with that also;)

Would almost look like you were in a NFZ .
Is this you I have circled Porky ?
View attachment 32695

Yep that's good old me... You've got good eyes dirk;)

I'm off again:eek: NFZ?

Dirk, I must admit, when I was in Miami airport I thought of you;)

All I could see was Mia all over the place;), Miami international airport;) I thought then, he's watching me.... Couldn't see the dirk duck though:D

I did see loads of feathers being sucked into one of the engines, lol:D

I did see loads of feathers being sucked into one of the engines, lol:D
Me still here dude unnamedvv.jpg and will always be watching o_O
Later bro !

Good man or should I say duck... You should be getting your eyes shut dirk, I now knoow what time it is over there;)

I'll catch ya later;)

Good man or should I say duck...
That's funny ...A guy here can't say my name right and that's how it sounds when he says it...Hey Duck :) lol

Thanks for the heads up Mike, still running the old app so all good my end;) I'll wait for your new app to come out then I'll upgrade. So the app DJI bought out just before I went on my hols is crap? Glad I see the new app after I'd left for my hols;)
Yep the camera view is fine but ground station crashes as soon as you swipe the screen:mad:. I don't trust that that is the only problem :eek: so I spent an hour searching my iTunes library to find the old version.

Hey last night I almost ordered an iMac but it was late and I really need to go into a store and check them out first. But I'm like you chomping at the bit to be rid of my PC;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Another update,

Just calibrated my compass here in my garden, guess what... It calibrated 1st time:eek: what was that all about in the carribean.....

I've just done an advanced IMU calibration, well it did get knocked about a bit on the way home;) so better be safe than sorry, all fine with that also;)
That's strange:confused:. I have to unplug the RPG to get mine to calibrate power down and plug it back in. I think the **** thing wiggling around when you do the nose down dance messes with the compass. I even put a new compass on I was having so much trouble getting it to calibrate and that didn't help:(. But cycling it on and off to unplug and plug back in the RPG is no big deal now that I have it figured out:)

That's strange:confused:. I have to unplug the RPG to get mine to calibrate power down and plug it back in. I think the **** thing wiggling around when you do the nose down dance messes with the compass. I even put a new compass on I was having so much trouble getting it to calibrate and that didn't help:(. But cycling it on and off to unplug and plug back in the RPG is no big deal now that I have it figured out:)
That did fix that but seems like I read where that settled out Mike after a few times . Can't remember where I saw it but think it was in RPG thread...one of them anyway . Squid might have posted it.

That did fix that but seems like I read where that settled out Mike after a few times . Can't remember where I saw it but think it was in RPG thread...one of them anyway . Squid might have posted it.
Thanks Dirk I'll keep trying and if doesn't work it's a simple 20 second unplug and power cycle and plug it back in.

Reactions: dirkclod

It just wouldn't calibrate in St Maartens for some unknown reason, ain't got a clue why. I even unpluged the RPG, same as you do, no joy:(

When I tried it this morning it worked 1st time, didn't believe it so I Done it again, thinking I'm paranoid now, again it worked;) I've never had to unplug the RPG only while I was on holiday.

I knew it was worth taking piglet on holiday, another sunset pic

image.jpg

Reactions: Mike Drone7
Nope it's one of mine;) it was taken about 300ft, hotel webcam ain't that high, look at the buildings:p

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydistribution