Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

I thought something like Autopilot did this.

How about it Justin?
Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe he was referring the device the quad was following having a barometer. If that's the case than Autopilot is sending altitude data in real time?

We don't have a follow mode, we will likely add it in the future as we round out the feature set.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe he was referring the device the quad was following having a barometer. If that's the case than Autopilot is sending altitude data in real time?

We don't have a follow mode, we will likely add it in the future as we round out the feature set.
My understanding is that the app holds the map data and adjusts the quad altitude according to its gps reported position. If the quad moves to a location that is 100ft higher or lower than its start position, the app corrects by sending the quad 100ft higher or lower (if it has been instructed to maintain a steady height above ground level). At the moment Airnest refers its height back to the start position rather than its current height above ground level.

Reactions: Erroll
My understanding is that the app holds the map data and adjusts the quad altitude according to its gps reported position. If the quad moves to a location that is 100ft higher or lower than its start position, the app corrects by sending the quad 100ft higher or lower (if it has been instructed to maintain a steady height above ground level). At the moment Airnest refers its height back to the start position rather than its current height above ground level.
Yip.

The timeout was likely the drone lagging when setting the camera to capture mode (this is incase you were in playback mode from another app).

When you get a blank video screen try swiping it to video or photo mode and then back again and see if that fixes it. I am going to be posting a quick beta if anyone here with video issues wants to try it, the only change for this beta will be to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Justin

Just Installed this beta patch ..... Woohoo! I have video in path mode

Thanks mate

Justin,
I just purchased the app. Where can I find a detailed manual and/or tutorial videos? I have seen the simple one for a basic path and for a point....but nothing detailing multiple point flight etc.
Also, when I go you you help/faq page there is a list of 'recent posts' at the bottom but I cant seem to find or get to the forum (and yes I have signed up...)

All help appreciated.
Stilgar

So, the map that this app uses, has elevation data? If you launch from a valley, and route the P3 over a nearby 3000 foot tall hill, the P3 will climb 3,000 feet plus whatever altitude you specify in the app?

So, the map that this app uses, has elevation data? If you launch from a valley, and route the P3 over a nearby 3000 foot tall hill, the P3 will climb 3,000 feet plus whatever altitude you specify in the app?
No our app does not have elevation data. It will not climb that high it uses relative elevation from the launch point.

Reactions: skyeboysteve
If you are talking about Autopilot's "follow me" app, you and your device would also have to scale this 3000' hill.

If I launched at 300ft elevation and my destination path was 20ft elevation and my destination elevation is 320ft. Phantom is going to crash?

If I launched at 300ft elevation and my destination path was 20ft elevation and my destination elevation is 320ft. Phantom is going to crash?
We now need to be specific. As I understand the Airnest app, you provide the starting altitude AGL, relative to your launch point, and you provide the destination altitude AGL, also relative to your launch point. If there is an object higher than that of your path between start and destination you will indeed crash into it.

We now need to be specific. As I understand the Airnest app, you provide the starting altitude AGL, relative to your launch point, and you provide the destination altitude AGL, also relative to your launch point. If there is an object higher than that of your path between start and destination you will indeed crash into it.
That sounds negative but it is correct. Start altitude is referenced to launch point and end altitude is also referenced to launch point. Therefore the whole route needs to rise no more than 400 above the launch point to avoid collision/grounding as it stands.

I caused confusion in a previous post talking about a different app (Autopilot) and its capacity - so I thought - to fly with altitude referenced to its position above ground level at any moment. It seems I didn't even get that right!

So i just went outside for the first time and fired up the app. It allows me to draw my flight plan, but it never uploads. I tried waiting for 4-5 minutes, and the screen never changed from "uploading"

how long does it usually take to upload a flight plan?
i drew a square around my work building, probably about 300ft x 50ft

So i just went outside for the first time and fired up the app. It allows me to draw my flight plan, but it never uploads. I tried waiting for 4-5 minutes, and the screen never changed from "uploading"

how long does it usually take to upload a flight plan?
i drew a square around my work building, probably about 300ft x 50ft
Make sure you switch to F mode on the controller before you start drawing. I had that problem where I was switching to F mode at the last step and had the same as you. I switched to F and started a new one and uploaded in seconds.

Sounds interesting, but I don't understand. Can you explain for Mr Thicky.
I believe he's talking about the ability to set an altitude for your focal point. For example, if you wanted to set your camera to focus on a flag that is 40ft off the ground, you would drop your pin on the flag and set the focal elevation to 40ft.

I believe he's talking about the ability to set an altitude for your focal point. For example, if you wanted to set your camera to focus on a flag that is 40ft off the ground, you would drop your pin on the flag and set the focal elevation to 40ft.

I like this idea and I'm pretty sure this has been asked for as an added feature. It's one that I need implemented when doing "Architectural" missions.

I know Justin and the whole team are VERY receptive to ideas and suggestions so keep them coming.

Apologies for the lack of Communication all - We have been prepping for and presenting at Drone World Expo last several days. As far as the altitude for the point of interest, yes that is something we plan to work in. Speaking of requested features we will soon be doing another round of beta testing for several features and bug fixes. Stay tuned as when I get a chance to detail out all the changes and prep the beta I will let you all know.

There are certain things that I cannot talk about because of NDA's but I would like to let you all know that things are changing in regards to the SDK from DJI for the better, it may cause some headaches in the short term but in the long term this is going to be great for everyone, both app makers and especially the consumer!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl