Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

Hmm, that is interesting, I wonder why it paused. Were you running the latest firmware 1.5 when you did this, If so I'll check to see if they change something in the firmware so that the drone no longer completes the flight plan.
Thanks!

Justin

I am running the latest FW on the controller and the aircraft. iPAD Air 2 with latest iOS and apps.

Just I just performed a test flight. Completely closed your app and DJI. Placed controller in F mode. Clicked Path, drew my flight path, set altitude and speed and told it to upload the mission. I got an error "Sensor Error! Code: 0xEB". Then it would not start the mission. I shut down and opened the DJI app, showed no errors and flew manually using their app.

Just I just performed a test flight. Completely closed your app and DJI. Placed controller in F mode. Clicked Path, drew my flight path, set altitude and speed and told it to upload the mission. I got an error "Sensor Error! Code: 0xEB". Then it would not start the mission. I shut down and opened the DJI app, showed no errors and flew manually using their app.

That is an SDK error coming back from DJI Software. Did you try rebooting the drone and controller? You might want to do a full IMU and compass calibartion to stay on the safe side.

That is an SDK error coming back from DJI Software. Did you try rebooting the drone and controller? You might want to do a full IMU and compass calibartion to stay on the safe side.

I did perform a cold start IMU calibration and compass cal prior to flying this morning using the DJI software. I did not reboot the bird or controller after that flight. I just swipe closed the DJI app and opened Airnest. Once my batteries complete the new charge cycle I will test everything from scratch and not touch the DJI app at all.

After the batteries charged I flew another two missions and got multiple errors. Then I flew two more missions with ZERO issues.

Now maybe this is my P3P? Or maybe something else but here are the errors I got:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 348
  • image.png
    image.png
    144.6 KB · Views: 332
  • image.png
    image.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 347
  • image.png
    image.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 333
After the batteries charged I flew another two missions and got multiple errors. Then I flew two more missions with ZERO issues.

Now maybe this is my P3P? Or maybe something else but here are the errors I got:

I wonder if you are having transmission issues with your iOS cable, do you have another to test with?

Thanks,

Justin

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Who wants to test? If so, please sign up here. Please only sign up if you are able to provide quick feedback, we want to vet this and get it pushed to the app store soon.

When you sign up you will be sent an email from iTunes with instructions within the day(typically).

Just an observation here and on other threads when help is requested. Stating that the latest software and firmware is being used can still lead to confusion because of what is understood on both sides as 'latest'. Wouldn't it be better for the version numbers to be stated each time, just in case?

thanks, I saw now on the invitation email Itunes sent me :)
Is there any list of features and expected behaviour so I can check testing if the behaviour of the app is ok or not?
There should be one with the app in test flight but just incase you miss it here is what we are looking to test.

Test the camera and drone settings pane for usage and display. Test that all buttons and switch perform as exepcted and that the language is clear and understandable. Test the saving and loading of flight plans in the Path tool and that the language and workflow is clear and understandable, ensure that operation of those loaded flight plans performs as expected.

There should be one with the app in test flight but just incase you miss it here is what we are looking to test.

Test the camera and drone settings pane for usage and display. Test that all buttons and switch perform as exepcted and that the language is clear and understandable. Test the saving and loading of flight plans in the Path tool and that the language and workflow is clear and understandable, ensure that operation of those loaded flight plans performs as expected.
great, thanks, will test later today ;)

Reactions: Justin Miller
adding to the feedback I already sent you that in my opinion the slider to select the altitude changes very fast.
i.e. If I try to select an altitude let's say of 20mt, it's frustrating some time as the slider moves way to much when I move very little my finger on the slider (it passes in a bit up to more than 150mt :(), so setting the right altitude takes too much time. :mad::mad::mad:

Hi I have a question about this app. Autopilot cannot fly away the range of the controller but do airnest can? I mean can I draw a waypoint that is 5km away from where I am and that kind od things or do not?

Hi I have a question about this app. Autopilot cannot fly away the range of the controller but do airnest can? I mean can I draw a waypoint that is 5km away from where I am and that kind od things or do not?

Yes, the Drone will continue the flight path out of radio range and will then RTH at the end of the path at the altitude preset in the settings. Please be careful.

Excellent do this have a calculator for how much time it will take for the path and how much battery? If not you should really consider to implement this! [emoji106]

Yes, the Drone will continue the flight path out of radio range and will then RTH at the end of the path at the altitude preset in the settings. Please be careful.
When out of radio range, it won't adjust gimble "pitch" angle of the camera, correct? As that's a limitation of the firmware?

Justin

Please add a switch to override auto record.
I like to manually control when its recording.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers