Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

Apologize if this has been addressed..
Can you start in DJI Go app and go back and forth between AirNest and DJI Go?
New to Phantom and I tried it yesterday but when I went back to DJI Go app it said drone was disconnected.

You can switch between apps, however, the connection to the drone is in each app. So do so properly you need to click your home button and then open the DJI app and vice versa. This will give the app time to disconnect so that the other app can make a full connection.

Thanks!

Justin

Apologize if this has been addressed..
Can you start in DJI Go app and go back and forth between AirNest and DJI Go?
New to Phantom and I tried it yesterday but when I went back to DJI Go app it said drone was disconnected.

You can go back and forth, but you have to close out the DJI GO app completely before you launch AirNest - and visa versa. Just closing the app isn't going to work - it can't be running in the background.

You can go back and forth, but you have to close out the DJI GO app completely before you launch AirNest - and visa versa. Just closing the app isn't going to work - it can't be running in the background.
That is likely the best bet and I cannot speak to the DJI App but ours is specifically setup to not run in the background. Though you do have to give it a second to fully shut down.

Reactions: Steve Shead
That is likely the best bet and I cannot speak to the DJI App but ours is specifically setup to not run in the background. Though you do have to give it a second to fully shut down.

Thanks - that's good to know!

What is anticipated release--- ready to download.:D:D

I'm glad you're ready! I can't give a firm date incase anything needs changed on apples end. As soon as I have a date I will be announcing it here and sending an email to our newsletter (sign up on the website). It should be quite soon though!

Reactions: bobmyers
I will buy any app that allows me to adjust to a level horizon, allows me to then set that as the default level, and then automatically maintains that default level for the entire flight.

I will buy any app that allows me to adjust to a level horizon, allows me to then set that as the default level, and then automatically maintains that default level for the entire flight.

Oso, I am not sure I fully understand your needs, when you say adjust to a level horizon do you mean set the camera to a level horizon throughout a waypoint flight?

Thanks,

Justin

This app is awesome Justin! Ive had no issues whatsoever; its very user friendly and I find myself getting better and better at it.

The slower the speed, the smoother the phantom will turn and refrain from jerking. Thats pretty nice!

One possibility that I would love to see would be the distance measurement of the path, and a future with the force touch/haptic feedback of the newer iPhones.

Im thinking that while drawing the path, more force would result in a faster path while less force would result in a slower path. Or some variation of this just incorporating the new technology; I am happy with the "set and forget" speed as well.

Overal id give it a 9/10 for an autopilot app. It works reliably and is very user friendly, but I would like to see more information displayed in a future version- including distance, a battery warning ("The battery remaining is insufficient for the path drawn"), and more.

Just some thoughts- keep doing what you're doing! :)

Reactions: Justin Miller
This app is awesome Justin! Ive had no issues whatsoever; its very user friendly and I find myself getting better and better at it.

The slower the speed, the smoother the phantom will turn and refrain from jerking. Thats pretty nice!

One possibility that I would love to see would be the distance measurement of the path, and a future with the force touch/haptic feedback of the newer iPhones.

Im thinking that while drawing the path, more force would result in a faster path while less force would result in a slower path. Or some variation of this just incorporating the new technology; I am happy with the "set and forget" speed as well.

Overal id give it a 9/10 for an autopilot app. It works reliably and is very user friendly, but I would like to see more information displayed in a future version- including distance, a battery warning ("The battery remaining is insufficient for the path drawn"), and more.

Just some thoughts- keep doing what you're doing! :)

Thanks for the feedback! Higher speeds are best for straighter shots as the drone cannot corner at high speeds, straight lines or long curves work well at higher speeds. Tight curves naturally require slower speeds.

We are currently working on distance measurements and some other metrics about the drawn path. You can see the beginning of this work on a screen shot I posted on post 258 (page 13 of this thread). There will be a lot more to come in the near future, we are also looking at other flight modes including orbit and follow me.

Thanks for the feedback! Higher speeds are best for straighter shots as the drone cannot corner at high speeds, straight lines or long curves work well at higher speeds. Tight curves naturally require slower speeds.

We are currently working on distance measurements and some other metrics about the drawn path. You can see the beginning of this work on a screen shot I posted on post 258 (page 13 of this thread). There will be a lot more to come in the near future, we are also looking at other flight modes including orbit and follow me.

You guys are just thinking ahead of me! haha

In addition to the total path distance, a displacement measurement (Maximum distance the phantom will be from the remote) would be great as well; so users can be sure that they will not fly the phantom out of range.

More modes sound great! Hopefully they can be incorporated into the price of the existing application, but if not thats fine as well. I know how hard it must be working with SDK AND apple!

You guys are just thinking ahead of me! haha

In addition to the total path distance, a displacement measurement (Maximum distance the phantom will be from the remote) would be great as well; so users can be sure that they will not fly the phantom out of range.

More modes sound great! Hopefully they can be incorporated into the price of the existing application, but if not thats fine as well. I know how hard it must be working with SDK AND apple!

It's less us thinking ahead and more everyone participating the Beta telling us what they would like added to the app. Fortunately the community here on Phantom Pilots is really top notch! You have all made this process very easy and exciting for us and we are going to be dedicated to continuing development and bringing you the best GS app that we can!

Oso, I am not sure I fully understand your needs, when you say adjust to a level horizon do you mean set the camera to a level horizon throughout a waypoint flight?

Thanks,

Justin
Not just for autonomous missions, but all the time. I'm sure you know how many pilots suffer from tilted or drifting horizons. The GO app allows only a static gimball roll adjustment which doesnt help much when a horizon drifts. I'd like to see a way to adjust to a level horizon (perhaps similar to the gimbal roll adjustment), allow me to then set that as the new default level (no matter what the IMU / gimbal cal thought previously), and then the app automatically maintains only that new default level for the entire flight, perhaps by some sort of multiple times per second check against the new user set default. In summary, a continuous 'auto gimbal roll adjustment' referencing a user set default level.

Last edited:
Not just for autonomous missions, but all the time. I'm sure you know how many pilots suffer from tilted or drifting horizons. The GO app allows only a static gimball roll adjustment which doesnt help much when a horizon drifts. I'd like to see a way to adjust to a level horizon (perhaps similar to the gimbal roll adjustment), allows me to then set that as the default level (no matter what the IMU / gimbal cal thought previously), and then automatically maintains that default level for the entire flight, perhaps by some sort of multiple times per second check against the user set default.

Ok, now I understand. Unfortunately the SDK does not give us access as developers to control the roll on anything but the Inspire, this is an issue you will want to take up with DJI

Something I would like to see (maybe its there now ?)
If I want to draw a path and have to zoom way down in order to accurately draw (say down a very narrow bush road) then I am limited to the dimensions of the satmat on the ipad. Once I lift my finger or stylus from the screen, the path is set whereas I would like to extend the line by scrolling to the next portion of the sat map. Is there a way to do that or join lines?

Something I would like to see (maybe its there now ?)
If I want to draw a path and have to zoom way down in order to accurately draw (say down a very narrow bush road) then I am limited to the dimensions of the satmat on the ipad. Once I lift my finger or stylus from the screen, the path is set whereas I would like to extend the line by scrolling to the next portion of the sat map. Is there a way to do that or join lines?

This is currently not in the app but something we are looking to add.

Would you then suspect that the FPV Camera app developers have not really implemented an auto gimbal roll adjustment as noted here?

FPV Camera (iOS) for P3 | Page 2 | DJI Phantom Forum
No, they may very well have figured it out. When I tested it back in July/August I was unable to do so. I do not remember which version of the SDK that I was using at the time. I am happy to check into it again to see if the latest version of the SDK does allow me to adjust the roll however and let you know.

No, they may very well have figured it out. When I tested it back in July/August I was unable to do so. I do not remember which version of the SDK that I was using at the time. I am happy to check into it again to see if the latest version of the SDK does allow me to adjust the roll however and let you know.
That would be great. If it turns out to be something easy to implement, I'd be first in line to buy your app at double your estimated price. I'd even update my Air 2 to iOS 9.x just for you.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart