Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

Oh man I hope there's still a chance I can get in on the last beta. This app looks perfect for about 99.9% of what I want to do with my Phantom.

Is this or will this EVER be possible with the Phantom. The ability to set a waypoint and be able to pan and pitch the gimbal during the flight? Since panning would change course of the Phantom I don't know if that is only avail on the Inspire 1? I assume the phantom maintains heading based on powering the different motors at varying speeds. If someone yaw'd the phantom 90 degrees during flight the APP would have to quickly rotate the power to the motors in a similar fashion to maintain the original heading right?

Latest update... We just pushed build 16, it only had two changes. We fixed a minor bug that would cause the app to crash when using path with no drone connect and no iOS GPS available.
We also changed the flight characteristics of the Inspire 1 only to provide smoother flight.

Also don't forget about the contest we are running to get a free copy of airnest, any beta tester is invited to submit an entry. Details found at www.airnest.com/beta

All remaining requests up this point were processed. You should be getting an email from iTunes.

Got it and installing!> Thank you very much!. Just to clarify is IOS 9.0.x a definite requirement? I am using 8.4.1.

EDIT:
I see that it is during install so updating my IOS now. Thanks again

Reactions: Justin Miller
Got it and installing!> Thank you very much!. Just to clarify is IOS 9.0.x a definite requirement? I am using 8.4.1.

Yes, unfortunately it is.. With the amount of changes in iOS 9 it would have been too much to try and be compatible with both 8 and 9.

9 can exhibit some video issues but they typically aren't too bad. This isn't so much an issue with 9 but more of an issue with DJI, DJI does not send IDR frames in the video stream which is causing issues in conjunction with iOS 9. If you have video issues with airnest open up the "Capture" tool first and before any other tool and it should then start working perfectly. We are hoping DJI resolves these issues in their next SDK and firmware update.

Thanks!

Justin

Thanks Justin. I'm "Demoing" the Ap today at lunch time to another commercial operator. Looking forward to showing it off.

Oh man I hope there's still a chance I can get in on the last beta. This app looks perfect for about 99.9% of what I want to do with my Phantom.

Is this or will this EVER be possible with the Phantom. The ability to set a waypoint and be able to pan and pitch the gimbal during the flight? Since panning would change course of the Phantom I don't know if that is only avail on the Inspire 1? I assume the phantom maintains heading based on powering the different motors at varying speeds. If someone yaw'd the phantom 90 degrees during flight the APP would have to quickly rotate the power to the motors in a similar fashion to maintain the original heading right?

I am not sure if this is what you want to do but if you use DJI GO and set way points where you want to fly.

Then when you start the mission Set Speed = say 5 MPH and Heading to Free and to Hover at end then it will fly to the start once you get on at the first way point set the speed to 0. Now you are on your waypoint mission but not going anywhere. But you can use your right stick to go forward or backward along your waypoint path and your left stick to pan. Now you can control speed with right stick and you can even go backward. It will follow your waypoints sort of like a Zip Line. I set Hover at the end because I usually want to take the zip line right back the way I came.

If you use custom rc channels settings in GO app, using airnest will reset GO app to auto channel selection, at least it did for me.
If you check all your preflight settings before you fly, shouldn't be a big deal.

Heads up... the new DJI firmware for your RC now implements encryption between the RC and the drone itself. What does this mean for you? Not much really, however, any 3rd party app you are using that is not using the latest 2.4 SDK will likely stop working when you update your RC firmware.

Fortunately we were aware of this weeks ago and Airnest is ready to use this firmware. That said if you experience any problems using Airnest after the upgrade please let us know immediately, try to be as detailed as possible in explaining any issue you encounter.

Thanks!

Justin

I had a great time with airnest this afternoon circling a Norman castle. The only thing I would change would be to move around in the map when plotting a path as the resolution was very small on my phone. It would have been fine on a tablet.

For those asking for the app to not RTH after a flight, I understand the request but it is there for safety. Personally I have been unwilling to test what would happen if the path ends outside of radio range with out the RTH programmed in.

How about default RTH but with a 3 sec delay and you give the pilot the option, on screen, to repeat the path (backwards and ofc continously) or pause the path. If you make no active choice the bird enables RTH within 3s.

How about default RTH but with a 3 sec delay and you give the pilot the option, on screen, to repeat the path (backwards and ofc continously) or pause the path. If you make no active choice the bird enables RTH within 3s.

A 3 to 5 second delay before turning about and coming home isn't a bad idea. I'll believe this can be implemented. If so I'll add it to the road map. Thanks for the excellent suggestion!

Justin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18