Airnest - Looking for Beta Testers

Chris,

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. I could see how that could be frustrating, we will discuss amongst ourselves how to change that. What I do is

Zoom map
Draw path
Zoom in to drop pin accurately
Set Altitude
Zoom out to see whole flight before hitting start

Chris,

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. I could see how that could be frustrating, we will discuss amongst ourselves how to change that. What I do is

Zoom map
Draw path
Zoom in to drop pin accurately
Set Altitude
Zoom out to see whole flight before hitting start

Got it, thanks for the rapid response to feedback as always!

Reactions: Justin Miller
Hi Justin

Have you opened beta testing up to more people now? If so, I would like to join in.
Best wishes. Paul.

Hi Justin

Have you opened beta testing up to more people now? If so, I would like to join in.
Best wishes. Paul.
I am hoping to open it up Monday morning. I have an update to push after the sun comes up here and I can real world test, then once the current testers have a shot at the last build I will be opening the beta up! Stay tuned!

Thanks,

Justin

We just pushed an update to the app build 15. If you have a chance to test today please let us know how it goes, even if it flies perfectly, especially if it flies perfectly :) We want the feedback so that we can open the beta up further. Here is the change log.

Change Log:
  • Updated the flight planning - We found a method to help smooth out flight plans, and we believe we squashed most bugs with this process. Your resulting footage should be smoother on the yaw.
  • More verbose error messages - We made many of the error messages more verbose to help diagnose future issues
  • Removed iOS device location - The big blue dot/circle should now be gone in both Path and Point, hopefully alleviating clutter and confusion.
  • Updated Zoom Level of map - The map no longer zooms as far as apple maps allows you. Some of you don't have high resolution images and you just see grids. Now you won't, you can still manually zoom into the max.
  • Fixed pin dropping behind altitude selector in Point
  • Fixed error in Path when you manually start recording
  • Lag that was exhibited in the P3P video should now be resolved - P3A still has some issues but this is an issue with the SDK, when DJI fixes the issue with their app with iOS 9 they will update the SDK and issues should be resolved.
  • Updated Motion Camera controls - Now when you stop motion camera or exit the camera feed Motion Camera controls will relinquish control of the AC back to the remote controller.

Reactions: Chris P Duck

Hi, I just did a quick test with latest FW. It feel like a solid flight , I only tested path.
I must say wow, it,s exactly what I wanted. When the wind settle a bit more I will continue
with flying.
Thanks Justin

Last edited:
Just did a few flights with the new update and flew flawlessly.
I had some problems yesterday which turned out to be my cable. Justin was straight on the case and solved the problem for me.
Excellent app with excellent service.

This last update you pushed is really awesome the shots are smooth and predictable. It seriously makes the app.

I put it through its paces today and didn't come up with anything in the way of bugs. Kudos for making a powerful and deceptively simple way to get cool shots.

If I can suggest any improvements I'd say that I'm not sure that the video/photo switching method in point is the most intuitive (swipe left/right) but it may not be a convention that I've been exposed to a lot. What about the a small toggle like is used in the go app?

I'm not very familiar with the DJI sdk but if you have the ability to implement camera controls in the app that would be really great.

Hi, I just did a quick test with latest FW. It feel like a solid flight , I only tested path.
I must say wow, it,s exactly what I wanted. When the wind settle a bit more I will continue
with flying.
Thanks Justin
Looks like Sweden!?

Västerbotten. Ska ut nu och försöka få ett bra höstklipp på en liten älv.

har btw jobbat i Blekinge i min ungdom, KA2 i Karlskrona.

Nog med offtopic. Kul med svenskar här. Grymt sugen på Airnest men missade beta-signingen.

This last update you pushed is really awesome the shots are smooth and predictable. It seriously makes the app.

I put it through its paces today and didn't come up with anything in the way of bugs. Kudos for making a powerful and deceptively simple way to get cool shots.

If I can suggest any improvements I'd say that I'm not sure that the video/photo switching method in point is the most intuitive (swipe left/right) but it may not be a convention that I've been exposed to a lot. What about the a small toggle like is used in the go app?

I'm not very familiar with the DJI sdk but if you have the ability to implement camera controls in the app that would be really great.

Thank you for the feedback! We are very happy that we were able to improve the performance of Path.

We decided on the swipe because it is quick and easy, every time I used the DJI GO app my big fat fingers could never get that darn toggle to switch!

Thanks!

Justin

Reactions: QC-pilot
Can't wait to get off work and go home an do some more testing with the latest version.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures