Aftermarket tracking

Reaction score
Hello I an looking for some advice on getting an after market tracker for my phantom 3. Just wondering what transmitters your guys are using and what you recommend. Also are there trackers that don't operate from your phone with GPS like and RF tracker. Because I fly in a lot of low reception to no reception zones. Thank you!

I'm using the Trackimo GPS tracker. It's easy to setup, easy to use, and comes with cellular service for the first year. You can find all other commonly used trackers here.

Last edited:
Trackimo for me. Very pleased with it, and the yearly cost is low.

I don't think it has a range-- wherever it goes down -- it will give the location -- unless of course, it cannot get the GPS location or the battery is down

I lapel use Trackimo which I really love and their response to service requests was fast and efficient. You may look at your area of use or vacation spots as they stated when I couldn't get connected.
"Currently we only work on the Rogers (Canada) / AT&T and T-Mobile in North America."

I don't think it has a range-- wherever it goes down -- it will give the location -- unless of course, it cannot get the GPS location or the battery is down
Question on charging the tracker.
I take it- it must remain charging until ready to fly? So a permanent installation not a good idea?

It is mounted on heavy velcro, right under the battery slot. I charge it in place, but can move it to my other bird when I wish.

I have the Marco Polo tracker. It requires no service plan and has a range of up to 2 miles, able to track down to within 1 foot. I have the RC transmitter version. Works great. The transmitter is Velcroed on but with the att pointed down not like shown.
IMG_20150607_093554765_HDR.jpg

Keep in mind that AT&T is retiring it's 2G network around 2017, and there's speculation that T-Mobile will do it either in 2017 or not at all. So if you're going to do a trackimo, do it soon so you get the full 1 year of free service.

Any worry about interference while flying with these types of units?

marco polo +1

Great setup. Dont have to worry about cell service ever.

I have had to use it 3 times to find a Phantom over a mile away.

I was going to buy a trackimo but I may be looking towards a Marco Polo now. Thanks for the info guys

Reactions: Jbundy63

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl