Aftermarket Thermal or IR Camera for P4?

Reaction score
I would like to know if there is a Plug and Play Inexpensive Multi-Spectrum Camera and Phantom 4 Pro Aftermarket Gimbal :confused: or attachments to easily integrate MultiSpectrum cameras. o_OAbout the same size as the GoPro or smaller, that the added gimbal would simply PIP, or both displayed instead of Map within DJI Go and Ultimate Flight with Moverio BT-300 Glasses, and have both maps overlay if so desired with adjustable transparency with whichever layer you want on top. SO, could someone send me the .APK and link where to buy additional Hardware! LoL ;)
Any Ideas?:cool:

I'm not sure the words Inexpensive and Multi-Spectrum Camera are even allowed in the same sentence LOL.

A BIG DITTO ON WHAT @BigAl07 said. You might be able to come up with something for an Inspire, but not very likely a Phantom. Either way it wont be "Inexpensive" OR Plug and Play.

I do astro photograpy and many people have cameras modified to remove the UV/IR cut filters in front of the sensor that leaves you a full spectrum camera, might be possible with the P4 standard camera. Not gonna give you thermal but will give you IR with a Ir pass filter though exposures might be long for aero work.

I fitted an after market 3 axis gimbal to my p4 for gopro use, only drawback is that you lose control of pitch etc and have to set it manually before the flight.

I do astro photograpy and many people have cameras modified to remove the UV/IR cut filters in front of the sensor that leaves you a full spectrum camera, might be possible with the P4 standard camera. Not gonna give you thermal but will give you IR with a Ir pass filter though exposures might be long for aero work.

I fitted an after market 3 axis gimbal to my p4 for gopro use, only drawback is that you lose control of pitch etc and have to set it manually before the flight.
That was a great response! Thank you so much for that! Your aftermarket solution sounds fun, would be nice to tie in to the wires for FULL Control of an aftermarket gimbal, but proprietary designs such as theirs are CLOSED CIRCUITS!
I was just hoping I could just plug a FLIR in and GO Somehow, but I knew I was asking for too much!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT