Aftermarket battery vote/ survey.

Would you use an aftermarket battery

• Total voters
Reaction score
So in the uk it's still £120 for a p3 battery. After reading some reviews I'm still unsure if I should get an aftermarket battery for half the cost. I don't fly far or rediculasly far although I'm getting braver.
Any one from the uk brough one. There is plenty on eBay and Amazon for way less than dji. Not to mention dji taking ages with shipping.
On here there is loads of people saying don't chance it, but has anyone really had there drone drop or loose RTH because of the battery.

Happy flying

Reactions: Stainlessstaffy
So in the uk it's still £120 for a p3 battery. After reading some reviews I'm still unsure if I should get an aftermarket battery for half the cost. I don't fly far or rediculasly far although I'm getting braver.
Any one from the uk brough one. There is plenty on eBay and Amazon for way less than dji. Not to mention dji taking ages with shipping.
On here there is loads of people saying don't chance it, but has anyone really had there drone drop or loose RTH because of the battery.

Happy flying
Grab a few, if you don't crash let us know. We will know which ones are good. And that really is the point. Some may be better than DJI...

Last edited:
I'm going to get one as there is laws here and if the product fails to a fault from the battery they should replace. Refund... Consumers rights yo!

Reactions: Matts175
A genuine P3S battery costs around $250AUS down here. I am going to buy them at that price as I don't trust the cheap knock offs.

i use third party batterys ... and find no difference between them and DJI original.

Here's my source : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262660 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Ireland registered seller .... so for you in UK - ideal !!

But - by now you will have seen that its a divided issue, many like me have no problem with non original batterys. I asked around and others who fly P3 that I know confirmed the Irish seller I linked to.

The people advising against non original - I don't see them stating THEY had model fall from sky ... its always 'second / third' hand reporting.

What I will say is - I have had in my hands a DJI battery that only gave one flight before failing. Yes - one flight. Owner was one of our club guys with a P3P ... We decided to open it up to find out why .... the cells were fine ... all showing good voltage and iR. But the board was shot. At no time had that battery been subjected to anything to warrant this. DJI charger used, no crashes ...
We were also surprised at the way the wires etc, were just crammed in - we definitely did not consider it quality workmanship. Sorry DJI - just stating what we saw.

Like everything in life - peace of mind comes with using recc'd known items - not always OEM. Myself and five others in my club buy from the Irish seller I linked to. No failures or problems. Only failure was the DJI OEM battery !

Nigel

That's the reply I was looking for.
I agree it's always tit for tat when it come to those whom just say use DJI only. Props I agree and there cheap anyway for DJIoriginal but with a company that ships better.
I just got some carbon firbre props, reviews for them where much the same. I can't say I have noticed and difference but also not had one problem and maybe yes more quiet and 100% more scary if it comes near me landing.
I'm going to try a battery, thanks..
you should work in advertising for the seller

Not that I know how to set up a poll,but it might be interesting to set one up to show how many people use aftermarket batteries and of those how many have had issues.

Reactions: 00kingi
you should work in advertising for the seller

Love it !! I know many have told me I should run for Political Office !!

My work has me involved in some pretty hard and scary issues ...

Here's me recently chatting with my personal 'armed guard' ..... seriously - straight fact ! (I'm the guy in the middle)

Location is withheld ...

Nigel

DJI has been known to change their firmware so that aftermarket batteries no longer work.

Reactions: Salvador
I'm going to get one as there is laws here and if the product fails to a fault from the battery they should replace. Refund... Consumers rights yo!

Sure.. you can feel free to sue someone in China and the US. You will most likely win. Then you can try to go about and collect from these companies with a UK judgement. You'd now be int he hole even further but have a nice piece of paper in case Banggood ever moves to the UK.

Here we go ...

Sorry but there are too many 'maybe's .... reported to ..... I heard that ..... ' but in fact many people who keep quiet out there using OEM and 3rd party batterys without trouble.

The DJI battery itself is a 3rd party battery supplied to them !!

nigel

Sure.. you can feel free to sue someone in China and the US. You will most likely win. Then you can try to go about and collect from these companies with a UK judgement. You'd now be int he hole even further but have a nice piece of paper in case Banggood ever moves to the UK.

I think OP means that buying from a UK or EU source, he lives in UK - he has consumer rights that mean sale of faulty goods contravenes the Fit For Purpose rules that apply.

Banggood in fact is not only in China .... never noticed the little box that you can click on to see if local Warehouse has it ?

Nigel

Why don't we make this more interesting ?

We have those who will not use 3rd party batterys and those that will / do.

Would people post the actual sellers / source of batterys that are :

1. Used and proved to be good ... flight time etc.
2. Used and shown to be not so good .... flight time etc.
3. Used and failed to fly ... bascally plugged in and nothing !
4. Have caused their own P3 to drop out of sky or actually personally witnessed this
5. Know for certain no.4 was due to battery and not some other reason like faulty installation, Kentucky Rifleman, etc.

I've already posted my no. 1 .....

Nigel

Reactions: Goatman1

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl