I found out the hard way that the RC receivers for helis needed to be mounted with the antennas well outside the CF frame otherwise range was severely limited.

I appreciate the comments about potential range problems tips, whatever. This is a subject I consider the most important of all. I have uploaded a diagram showing where everything is. Eventually, Lite Foot has evil-programmer, search and destroy missions to do in the East when brain washing therapy is finished.

Radios.png

Edited 4-22-16 (attached a more legible rendering that also includes compass location)

Last edited:
Looks like you kept the VPS module intact within the plastic, which is what I was thinking would be easiest from pics (haven't had mine apart that far yet). Does it mount to a flat sheet easily enough?

Looks like you kept the VPS module intact within the plastic, which is what I was thinking would be easiest from pics (haven't had mine apart that far yet). Does it mount to a flat sheet easily enough?

Yeah, no problem. I didn't have screws that small, so I opened up the mounting holes in the aluminum frame just a tad to accommodate the self-tapping screws I had. The white, plastic cover easily covers everything. The high density carbon fiber sheets (available from Amazon, Btw) will take a formal tapping, or you can go at it with self-tappers. This particular job would have been most easily done with very small machine screws and nuts. You could then be a little sloppy with the drilling. I would use aircraft nuts, however, no problem with LockTight here. You don't have to worry about it eating your shell :) ....

Ext_Flt_Front.png
I'm currently working on the extended mode, see attached pic. The standard, extended mode I had in mind is depicted. I came up with a way to get around the single battey problem, so, I will be testing a couple of HV 4s singles with capacities substantially higher than the stock battery and see how they go. I have a feeling that this might be the best fit for Lite Foot because I believe I can find the best power to weight ratio this way.

The discussion is over at:

Dual Battery Mod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl