after landing motors creep up on their own

Reaction score
for a while now when I start my fc40 the quad will sit and idle as long as I want. But once I have taken off and come back and land the motors will idle down but only for a few seconds then they start to speed up. I am forced to hold my throtle in the down postion until it stops all together. can anyon tell me why this could be happening? I looked at my setup in Naza and the motors are set in common speed for idle and also set for itelligent. Any help would be appreciated.

It might be your radio needs calibrating ..

I think so - sounds like your thrust control needs a bit of TLC ...

Wouldn't hooking up assistant to quad, show that suspected theory with throttle not centered?

I'd check that first, before cracking open the remote for RC calibration.

I think what you are seeing is normal. For me 2 Phantoms have done what you describe. I think what is going on is that even though it has landed it wants to hover at 0ft. Probably best to either shut it down or take off to avoid a tip over.

PhantomPhreak said:
I think what you are seeing is normal. For me 2 Phantoms have done what you describe. I think what is going on is that even though it has landed it wants to hover at 0ft. Probably best to either shut it down or take off to avoid a tip over.

+1 Any time I manually land and don't shut the motors off immediately it will start to try to level itself off with lift from the props...it doesn't really know it has landed. Doesn't seem to happen when auto-land brings it down.

Well I have tried just about everything and still have the same senerio. I guess we will just chockit up to " nature of the beast". Thanks for your input.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart