After crashed and damaged my drone, suggestions are needed

Reaction score
I crashed my p3a into a tree yesterday, and it is totally my fault.

After I reboot everything, the motor num2 doesn't work anymore, and a motor obstructed error message popped up. Even though that motor rotates just as fine as others, I was still hoping the motor itself was broken during the crash. However, after I replaced it with a good motor, everything remains the same.

So here is the point I really need suggestion.
1. I almost 100% think that the esc which is integrated into the main board in this generation was broken. Is there any possibility that other sources can cause a problem like this?
2. If I am right on the point 1. I think I only have to options, send it to repair service, or order a **** expensive board (part 96) and replace it by myself. I don't know if sending it in will cost less since I cannot replace the chip on the board by myself, but they probably can.

And I don't know if there is a way to test the board or not.

Any suggestion?

Lizhi

I'm sorry for your misfortune, but do applaud anyone who takes credit for mistakes and doesn't try to blame others. I've made mistakes myself, and know they can be costly. Hopefully someone here may have some suggestions to try before sending it in. I hope you are back flying again soon.

This would be easy for me based on the mentioned damage. I would be online placing an order for the Mavic.

I'm sorry for your misfortune, but do applaud anyone who takes credit for mistakes and doesn't try to blame others. I've made mistakes myself, and know they can be costly. Hopefully someone here may have some suggestions to try before sending it in. I hope you are back flying again soon.
Thank you very much for your support WayneMHK, I did learn my lesson from it and hopefully this makes me a better pitot.

This would be easy for me based on the mentioned damage. I would be online placing an order for the Mavic.

Yes I do agree with you when I see how mavic overrules the whole drone world. However, since I can not afford two drones, I still need to fix this, and maybe sell it in the future for a Mavic or whatever comes after it.

Yes I do agree with you when I see how mavic overrules the whole drone world. However, since I can not afford two drones, I still need to fix this, and maybe sell it in the future for a Mavic or whatever comes after it.

Some of those parts you are talking about replacing are not cheap. Then add that along with overall depreciation, you'll see it may not be what you expected.

Update:
I replaced the center board and everything went well. So, at this point, I think I fixed the drone. The part itself cost me 150 and replacement took me around 1 hour.
In the end, I don't know if sending the drone in well cost less or not. But I'm pretty sure it will take longer time.

Update:
I replaced the center board and everything went well. So, at this point, I think I fixed the drone. The part itself cost me 150 and replacement took me around 1 hour.
In the end, I don't know if sending the drone in well cost less or not. But I'm pretty sure it will take longer time.
Looks like you've saved yourself a lot of time and money replacing it yourself - well done...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl