Advanced owners

Technically, the P3S has plenty of range when it comes to the rules, but I hear ya. If you were going strictly on the camera capabilities and you're not concerned with 4K footage, the S is fine for most people. If you want more, you pay more, but LB is a significant upgrade for sure. I think we are on the same page. :)

A friend of mine has a pro, but doesn't use goggles. He has his recorded video set at 1080p as nothing will play 4K. He has his fpv video downlink set at the minimum (4mb/s) to get better range. I have an Advance which I think bottoms out at 2mb/s. There is NO discernible difference on the screen between the Pro and the Advanced. The video feed on the advance is more than adequate for most people, but if you must use goggles ( ridiculous if you ask me, it's not a racer) then the Pro is the way to go.

A little OFF here:

If the difference between Pro and Advanced is the camera, why one is 2MB`s bitrate and other 10Mb`s?
On that department, isn`t all the same hardware?

A little OFF here:

If the difference between Pro and Advanced is the camera, why one is 2MB`s bitrate and other 10Mb`s?
On that department, isn`t all the same hardware?
The Lightbridge transmission speeds are different.

Ah!
I thought transmission hardware was inside the Phantom and not camera.
Thanks for the explanation!!

The main con to me is the lightbridge as mentioned above. The slower charger at 57w over the 100w on the pro is no big deal being that most of us end up with a multiple battery charger anyway. But like I have said before, if we had known about the difference in the lightbridge, I would have bought the pro. After seeing the clarity of the 4K video in the pro over the 1080p in the Advanced, coupled with the huge lightbridge difference makes the Pro a better investment to me.

What multiple charger do you use?

Reactions: snowghost
Thanks Reed! Mine will be here Sunday.

Reactions: Reed L

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic