Advanced owners

Reaction score
What do you think are the main cons (minuses) of the advanced model? Plz share. Planning to get one.

If you need to crop for the purpose of zoom, the p3p camera is a better option, other than that it's the same. Oh the p3p has a faster charger.

If you need to crop for the purpose of zoom, the p3p camera is a better option, other than that it's the same. Oh the p3p has a faster charger.
There are more reasons to choose a P3P depending on your needs. If you are looking to do commercial work then definitely get the Pro. For the small price difference I see no real reason not to get the pro.

One big difference is that Lightbridge is different between these 2 models which is significant... especially if you plan to use goggles.

Max. Video Bitrate Phantom 3 Professional:10Mbps vs. Phantom 3 Advanced:2Mbps

The main con to me is the lightbridge as mentioned above. The slower charger at 57w over the 100w on the pro is no big deal being that most of us end up with a multiple battery charger anyway. But like I have said before, if we had known about the difference in the lightbridge, I would have bought the pro. After seeing the clarity of the 4K video in the pro over the 1080p in the Advanced, coupled with the huge lightbridge difference makes the Pro a better investment to me.

Im just switching to p3a from p3s, so i nees to know what i have to deal with :)))
The P3S is a P2Vison+ on steroids. It is a fine machine, in fact I own one myself. Is was so cheap on a deal ($550) it was worth to buy for fun. :)
It uses wifi whereas the A & P uses lightbridge which is the way the TX talks to the quad. Think of it as you were comparing a 1080p TV with a 4K TV, they are both great, but the 4K has the edge as does the A & P over the S. Due to the Lightbridge transmission you have a greater range (distance) on the P3A/P also.

If you are on a budget, the P3S is for you and a great machine, if you have the extra cash, then the P3A/P is a nicer setup due to the things mentioned in the thread so far.

Reactions: ShoRotten
The P3S is a P2Vison+ on steroids. It is a fine machine, in fact I own one myself. Is was so cheap on a deal ($550) it was worth to buy for fun. :)
It uses wifi whereas the A & P uses lightbridge which is the way the TX talks to the quad. Think of it as you were comparing a 1080p TV with a 4K TV, they are both great, but the 4K has the edge as does the A & P over the S. Due to the Lightbridge transmission you have a greater range (distance) on the P3A/P also.

If you are on a budget, the P3S is for you and a great machine, if you have the extra cash, then the P3A/P is a nicer setup due to the things mentioned in the thread so far.
I have p3s and which has a kind of range issue. Really hard to get over 200meters altitude. Even in open areas.

So i decided to sell it and get myself advanced. I think i am doing a good choice

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
I think it comes down to what video size you can handle after you're done flying and filming. If you're not set up to handle 4k video in your pc or Mac, you're gonna quickly choose to shoot in 1080p just to avoid the hassle and problems dealing with 4k video. I had to be ultra realistic about that and the P3A was the clear choice. I just don't need 4k at this time at all, period. Plus the bit rate of the 4k video is not great anyway. I would expect dji to offer improved rates on their next bird. At that time I may opt to invest in a 4k rig on the front and back end, but not for what the P3P offers at the moment. After you're done filming it's all about dealing with those files. Buy accordingly. Use the savings with the advanced for filters, or a case, or a second battery, or a very worthy purchase of the 100w charger. The P3A produces great video, more than fine for the average person. Save some bucks, my opinion.

I think it comes down to what video size you can handle after you're done flying and filming. If you're not set up to handle 4k video in your pc or Mac, you're gonna quickly choose to shoot in 1080p just to avoid the hassle and problems dealing with 4k video. I had to be ultra realistic about that and the P3A was the clear choice. I just don't need 4k at this time at all, period. Plus the bit rate of the 4k video is not great anyway. I would expect dji to offer improved rates on their next bird. At that time I may opt to invest in a 4k rig on the front and back end, but not for what the P3P offers at the moment. After you're done filming it's all about dealing with those files. Buy accordingly. Use the savings with the advanced for filters, or a case, or a second battery, or a very worthy purchase of the 100w charger. The P3A produces great video, more than fine for the average person. Save some bucks, my opinion.
So why not get the Standard then? It shoots in 2.7K even before the Advanced did.

So why not get the Standard then? It shoots in 2.7K even before the Advanced did.
Because it does not have lightbridge. I have one great bird in the q500 which uses wifi. I had to do an antenna and boosters mod to get solid range connection. I wasn't interested in dealing with that again with a p3s. Lightbridge built into the advanced and professional was the main value selling point of these birds when they came out. Regardless of people installing mods for extreme range, I find that lightbridge is indeed great all on its own. I do use windsurfers as cheap range insurance but I have flown without them too. The rc and lightbridge is superior to that of the standard. But, the standard could be a perfect fit for people too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie