Adding the satellite map view to videos

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to add the satellite map view to a video? I know dashware + log files will allow you to plot flight lines, but prefer the satellite view as in the pilot app. Also don't want to use a screen recorder due to lower resolution and drop outs.
Any one know how?

Does anyone know how to add the satellite map view to a video? I know dashware + log files will allow you to plot flight lines, but prefer the satellite view as in the pilot app. Also don't want to use a screen recorder due to lower resolution and drop outs.
Any one know how?

Bump! I would like to know this too!

Dashware FAQ for "How can I get Google/Bing map on my video":

"The Google/Bing Maps license pricing makes it impossible for small companies to use their maps API in a pay-for PC application. Hardware manufacturers can get around it by having free software to go with their hardware.
However, as a workaround, you can take a screen capture of a Google/Bing map. Then add it as an Image Component behind a Map Component. It takes a little tweaking to size it properly, and line it up.
"...

They have an example video on their FAQ site: Frequently Asked Questions - DashWare

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez