Activation failed - Invalid device!?!

Reaction score
I've finally gotten a chance to get back in the air with a replacement P3 Professional that I purchased several months ago (long story). I successfully paired the new drone with my original controller, but the system forces me to go through an activation process. Fine. Unfortunately, it comes up with...

Activation Failed
Invalid Device!
Please Contact DJI Support

It's a brand new system, fresh out of the box. I've power cycled everything... the RC unit, the drone, and the cell phone (a Samsung).

My God, this is annoying.

I got the same error message - I had a P3A previously then got Pro, rebooted the aircraft and all was good.

I've finally gotten a chance to get back in the air with a replacement P3 Professional that I purchased several months ago (long story). I successfully paired the new drone with my original controller, but the system forces me to go through an activation process. Fine. Unfortunately, it comes up with...

Activation Failed
Invalid Device!
Please Contact DJI Support

It's a brand new system, fresh out of the box. I've power cycled everything... the RC unit, the drone, and the cell phone (a Samsung).

My God, this is annoying.
Did you update the bird first? You do not need to activate a new aircraft to update it's firmware.
Did you try the RC that came with the bird in question after updating the FW?

I was finally able to complete the registration.

It turns out I needed to update the firmware on the bird before I could register it.

Fine.

It would have been nice if the error display said something useful and would point the user in the right direction.

<sigh>

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl