Accupix Mybud 3D Glasses

Careful, the prices are all over the map on these glasses. I bought on ebay $195 US, they arrived with all the attachments including glass frames for your prescription if near sighted. Had to buy a UK to US electrical adapter. They worked awesomely with apple tv, good clear images, but I am waiting for HDMI adapter for my AC remote.

Hi all!

I have found among others this member using them an giving quite good reviews:

Pros:

1. Good price
2. Small form factor, fits into backpack
3. Acceptable video quality
4. Two independent screens so works good on 2D mode
5. You can view tablet while wearing it

Cons:
1. No pupil distance adjustment.
2. Korean documentation
3. Nose support not that good

And I second this.
Got mine yesterday at $169,- free expedited shipping from excellent Korean seller:
ACCUPIX 3D Glasses Mybud Present a 110V Adaptor 100inch Virtual screen
(also English manual)

Beware this is my first pair of videogoggles ever, but I connected to my nVidia shield and my first impression is:
  • Nice picture and colours! It seems that the focus point is just in the middle of the screen though, and I am not able to get a clear image over the whole screen. (only brightness adj. with glasses?)
  • Very subjectively, I would say NOT 100" screen! Maybe more like 70" from 5 m.... and just a little bit bigger then my 27" PC screen just in front of me..
  • Bad nose support but its adjustable, and I can make it work. (shipped with two different)
  • Lets lot of sunlight in, but on the other hand no problem to watch tablet underneath. Shipped sunshade helps a bit.
Too bad the pupil distance make them about useless for me!...
I measured it to about 63 mm. and my optics prescription say I got 69,5 mm.
This is too much of a difference, and I loose the small focus point in the middle! Neither can I see the right screen edge with my right eye and left screen edge with my left eye...
-Just has to pass them on... :(

Now my question is, maybe I really wanted a more immerse goggle?
But what about being able to see my tab. and Phantom? Is it as good and easy just to lift your FatShark or HeadPlay's?
Would be happy for any input! :)

/orre

Last edited:
It's not easy to lift fat shark or HeadPlay to view tab which I need during flights unless I'm on a mission set flight.

Adjusting pupil distance is a major drawback of Mybud but I still take it over to fields :)

Thank you for stepping in Alok!
I guess you have better matching Pupil Distance then me then?..

Yes I read all your posts in the matter I think, and was quite certain the Mybuds was my cup of tea! So I'm quite disappointed now...
As I said I guess I expected more immerse... But I can't imagine shutting the world out completely! :eek:

I got most disappointed about the lack of focus and closeness in the picture, as I expected to be able to better see obstacles!
Found this to be quite hard with the tab out in the sun! -And its not even summer yet... :p

Would you have any other recommendations?

I had tried Fat Shark before. I was not happy with it though it had some kind of pupil distance adjustment but not of much use. I don't like the volume of HeadsPlay. VR types of goggles need third party app and image size is reduced. That's not my choice. Glymph is a good one but very expensive. iWear is at reasonable price, not yet tried. Omimo is available for ~250 on eBay but not yet tried.

I had tried Fat Shark before. I was not happy with it though it had some kind of pupil distance adjustment but not of much use. I don't like the volume of HeadsPlay. VR types of goggles need third party app and image size is reduced. That's not my choice. Glymph is a good one but very expensive. iWear is at reasonable price, not yet tried. Omimo is available for ~250 on eBay but not yet tried.

I receive MyBuds yesterday. First problem was connecting to tablet. If I plug only HDMI cable from Nvidia Shield´s HDMI output to MyBud control box, that says:No signal. If I add USB cable, Nvidia launches HDMI options: Mirror / Console. That way I can connect with HDMI. Problem 2: DJI Go gives repeated message: Weak image transmission, at very low distance. Now I unplug goggles from tabletat mid flight and issue gone off

Last edited:
I receive MyBuds yesterday. First problem was connecting to tablet. If I plug only HDMI cable from Nvidia Shield´s HDMI output to MyBud control box, that says:No signal. If I add USB cable, Nvidia launches HDMI options: Mirror / Console. That way I can connect with HDMI. Problem 2: DJI Go gives repeated message: Weak image transmission, at very low distance. Now I unplug goggles from tabletat mid flight and issue gone off
As you do not have HDMI port on RC, you are using nvidia to mirror output. In that case RC should be connected to nvidia using a USB cable and Mybud should be connected to nvidia with HDMI cable

I'm not sue why do you get weak transmission signal even at a low distance. Is there any interference between HDMI output and antenna?

As you do not have HDMI port on RC, you are using nvidia to mirror output. In that case RC should be connected to nvidia using a USB cable and Mybud should be connected to nvidia with HDMI cable

I'm not sue why do you get weak transmission signal even at a low distance. Is there any interference between HDMI output and antenna?
I try to get another HDMI-mini cable, now i use Accupix original one. Current setup:

Good to know that low signal was coming due to leaky hdmi cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl