About to Purchase - Need advice

Reaction score
I'm am going to buy the phantom 2 in the next couple of weeks.

I'm a big Newb, so forgive me if this has been discussed before.

I can't decide between Phantom 2 with Zenmuse Gimbal or Phantom 2 vision.

I already own a GoPro Hero 3 Black which i love and am very familiar with.

I do however want to be able to control the GoPro (take photos etc) remotely as well as see what I'm photographing.

I like the idea of using my iPhone to get a real time screen view and to control the camera as is the case with the Vision, but I'm just not sure if this is possible with the GoPro. If it is - please explain.

Which way would you advise I go?

Cheers,

Nick

Nickolai said:
I'm am going to buy the phantom 2 in the next couple of weeks.

I'm a big Newb, so forgive me if this has been discussed before.

I can't decide between Phantom 2 with Zenmuse Gimbal or Phantom 2 vision.

I already own a GoPro Hero 3 Black which i love and am very familiar with.

I do however want to be able to control the GoPro (take photos etc) remotely as well as see what I'm photographing.

I like the idea of using my iPhone to get a real time screen view and to control the camera as is the case with the Vision, but I'm just not sure if this is possible with the GoPro. If it is - please explain.

Which way would you advise I go?

Cheers,

Nick

I would go with the Phantom 2 with Zenmuse Gimbal, you already have a HERO 3 and use your remaining funds to add an iOSD mini. You could also add a FPV system and using your HERO 3 be able to see what you are shooting at. As for photos, you can set the HERO 3 to do video and shot photos at the same time which I'm sure you alredy know. Just a thought.
Good Luck on your decision. Happy flying!!

If you're into modding, you can start with a Phantom Vision\FC-40*, install the zenmuse gimbal for your gopro, then setup a wifi repeater (w/ appropriate antennas) to make use of your GoPro's wifi capability. You'll end up with something similar to Phantom Vision with better photo\video taking ability and a superb gimbal... but much more expensive and without telemetry (maybe that's why no one has done it so far)

But seriously though, go with Phantom 2 + gopro if taking smooth video is important for you... or consider the Phantom Vision for its simplicity and relative good deal.

*PS: This is only possible with Phantom Vision or Phantom FC-40 since they use 5.8ghz control frequency that doesn't interfere with your GoPro's wifi.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl