About this Site

Hello everybody!

I have just joined this forum as I've just bought a Phantom 2 with H3-2D gimbal (FPV).
I quite a newbie in these things but I want to start doing some aerial photography (wildlife) and this Phantom 2 can and will aso be used as a scientific tool in order to do transects and collect blow samples! This kit seemed to be a good way to start! Looking forward to learn from more experienced pilots and hope I can do some nice videos and photos of wildlife and share with you all...

Best regards

I apologize, I'm a newbie. But I cannot find anywhere on the page to submit a post. Can someone tell me where I am obviously not looking, LOL? Thank you

Dear Adam,

I don't know how to contact you.

Every time a new post is posted my wife gets a email how can I change this

Hello. Navigate into your profile and turn of reply notices. ;)

Navigate to your user profile (up top) and uncheck the reply setting. This will stop the emails globally on the site from email alerts.

lucbisschops said:
Dear Adam,

I don't know how to contact you.

Every time a new post is posted my wife gets a email how can I change this

hi, you'll probably find that you've put her email address in the user control panel and have subsequently placed a check mark against notify when a reply to a post is received in each of your posts.

at the top of the page (if you're logged in) you'll see the user control panel. I would start looking there first. Then I would only place a check mark against receive a reply to post (which is normally at the bottom of the page when you post something) if and only if you really want to receive a response.

hope this helps

Bmews

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Happened several time this afternoon when clicking links... :(

Adam

Thanks for setting up this site. I'm new to the RC copter (phantom vision 2+). Finding your site, I'm drinking all that I can before I start to fly the PV2+ copter. Learning what to do and what NOT to do. Whole new world for me. A'm a retired private pilot that could not fly any more be cause of the cost of private aircraft. What I missed the most, is all you can see from the air. I think the pv2+ will fill that hole.
Thanks again
Gina

When I tried to sign up for this forum it asked the following security question:

"Who makes the camera that is designed to mount under the Phantom"

I tried a hundred things before I tried 'gopro'.

This must be stopping people from signing up for this site: Since I didn't know this (although I own 3 phantoms), I'm assuming a lot of other people will not know this. I'm not even sure this is true, don't DJI make the cameras on the vision models?

You might want to change the security question for your site's success...

Sorry you had issues with the 'human tester'. As you probably assumed, the site is trying to keep spammers out. Your post begs the question of how does one own 3 Phantoms and not associate it with Gopro cameras? :D I imagine the question was put in place when there was just one style. Your point is valid and I will see about making a change. Thanks for the input.

EDIT: just a heads up, the change has been made. Thanks again for your input as it helps us all in an effort to make this the best Phantom forum on the web! :D

Wishbone said:
I apologize, I'm a newbie. But I cannot find anywhere on the page to submit a post. Can someone tell me where I am obviously not looking, LOL? Thank you
In the top & bottom left corner you will see a rectangular button that says "NEW TOPIC" or "POST REPLY" depending if you are in a thread or not. Click "NEW TOPIC" for a new topic and "POST REPLY" to reply in the thread your in. ;)

Not sure if anyone mentioned this before, but have you guys considered "upgrading" the forum?

PP is pretty awesome and I love the current userbase, but I think the place would look much better if something like vBulletin or Invision Power Board was used.

Just saying! Don't eat me.. :?

(I'm just a little annoyed at how the images are shown at full size instead of it being automatically resized to fit the forum right now.)

The "you guys" who would make that decision and change would just be Adam (the site owner) himself. He's aware that this platform has some annoying limitations, but I can't speak to whether or not he'll ever migrate to another.

A new phantom fc40 owner here,looks to be an outstanding forum and thanks for putting it together!
Terry

It is great and seems to be the early leader in terms of active posters.

One question... Is there plans to activate the "View the latest post" link found in the right hand column of the topic listing?

Or is it something I'm doing wrong?

N017RW said:
It is great and seems to be the early leader in terms of active posters.

One question... Is there plans to activate the "View the latest post" link found in the right hand column of the topic listing?

Or is it something I'm doing wrong?

Are you using the default forum style (modestus) or a different theme? You should see a "View unread post" button at the top under the red line. http://www.phantompilots.com/search.php?search_id=newposts
That will show you the latest post on the forum.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl