About last night....(after a paintjob)

think Im going to order a p2 today . strip the fc40, and use it for speed flights. I need more flight time, and the extra time to get back in, plus I want to do FPV, probley should have went that way in the begin , my longest flight was 7 min with the 2700 mah, that was stock . so to hell with the fc40 for taking pictures. ill use it as a beater :p

pert said:
think Im going to order a p2 today . strip the fc40, and use it for speed flights. I need more flight time, and the extra time to get back in, plus I want to do FPV, probley should have went that way in the begin , my longest flight was 7 min with the 2700 mah, that was stock . so to hell with the fc40 for taking pictures. ill use it as a beater :p

Wow...wonder why your flight times are so short?
Stock FC40 with 2200 DJI battery and I'm getting over 10 minutes every time...closer to 11 really.
Probably could even go longer but I panic and bring it down according to my timer.

I got about 13 minutes on two 2200's. That's 26 minutes with one fuel stop.
Suits me fine for the time being.

yea don't know. first day 2200 8 in props 6.5 mins , with 2700 7 mins max 8 in and 9 in props same time, I did the latest update. nothing changed. I get the first warning light at 5 mins. sucks. got over 10 batts no problem flying for a few hours, id be happy as a pig in **** just to get 9 mins.

Have you shot DJI an email? They do answer nowadays.....
Seriously, this is outside the specs and it should be fixed one way or the other, by DJI with or without your local dealers support.

Do you use the original charger? Maybe that is the culprit. Maybe it just charges up to 60% or so, do you have a voltmeter? How is the voltage after a full charge?

SocalQuad said:
How did you mount your FC40 camera? Velcro?
sorry for the late reaction.

Yes, I used 3M Extra strong velcro.

no nothing wrong with charger, I charge all my heli batts with same charger. its not worth the shipping cost to send it back, I just ordered a p2 and a few batts, will play with settings as soon as I remove gimbal. didn't think when I mounted it, it blocks the port in the back, should be here Monday, in the mean time ill play with settings, it flys great, very fast , just poor flight times, I find it hard to fly slow, I start out taking my time shooting some nice vids, and the next second im zipping about . forget im suppose to be making a nice video to send to my son. LOL :lol:

Well, i've been thinking about the perfect color combo, that would LOOK great and is actually functional in the sky.
Looks like i'll have to go with this combo.
This looks just AMAZING. clean and clear!
I'm gonna steel your design :)

Musicman said:
Well, i've been thinking about the perfect color combo, that would LOOK great and is actually functional in the sky.
Looks like i'll have to go with this combo.
This looks just AMAZING. clean and clear!
I'm gonna steel your design :)

Totally cool with that, Musicman, I considder it an honour :)

Maybe, this is THE perfect colour scheme for us, colour blinded Dutch musicians that is :)
Musicman Stingray my fav. bass (but that's terribly off topic so I leave it with that).

U Dutch>? :)

I am thinking your complete scheme (going to do that this weekend), i'm also taking the radio in the paintjob (I just hate the while "apple" look) and thinking about filling in the lines that are deep, with black (not sure if you know what i mean, there are some deeper design lines throughout the hull of the phantom and the radio)
But first, the normal scheme. plenty of time for that this weekend, with this **** weather going on.

And here's how it looks up in the air.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 347
Musicman said:
U Dutch>? :)

I am thinking your complete scheme (going to do that this weekend), i'm also taking the radio in the paintjob (I just hate the while "apple" look) and thinking about filling in the lines that are deep, with black (not sure if you know what i mean, there are some deeper design lines throughout the hull of the phantom and the radio)
But first, the normal scheme. plenty of time for that this weekend, with this **** weather going on.

Yep, I'm from the Low Countries as well.

Exactly! I've had it with the politically correct white Apple-ish designs. And it looks to much like a toy anyway in white. At least that's only my opinion of course, no offence. But actually when the first Phantom was on the design board, Apple still ruled the world when it comes to catchy (well, for a lot of people) design, knowing that snobs would pay extra for it (and the majority of Apple users who are tied with hand and feet to Apple OSX and don't dare to explore alternatives). Everybody in the gadget industry jumped on the same band wagon, hoping to ride on the success waves of Big Apple.

But again off topic....

I was thinking about the lines too but I didn't do it yet. As I expected, the glossy yellow already make the recessed lines stand out more.

Perfect.
You didn't use metalic paint i guess? But the normal glossy gamma paint?
I might go for matte. I kinda like matte. Probably the lines won't stick out with matte, but i'll find out.

Other quick question, how did you mount the FC40 camera? another thing i want to do for when my Gopro3 comes under it.

Coolioo!

Nope, just the plain old Gamma glossy signal yellow and satin black. Matte will even be better visible in the sky.
I use Tesa extra strong (I think I said 3M in another post but it's not). Sticks like hell. The LED ring has a bar with pos. and neg. velcro and that's sandwiched between the velcro on the camera and the battery door.

Well, looks like your S.O.B. has a little twin brother.
I think it's the most perfect design out there :)

Not finnished yet, next weekend another coat of yellow, plus some decals on top.
I also painted the lights black (just a quick spray) the lights come though perfectly. but it adds to the design :)

Attachments

• phantomsmall.jpg
    phantomsmall.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 332
also got to find me some black props.
not the carbon ones.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member