A good VR set up for cheap?!

Reaction score
Hey I'm looking at a FPV set up that won't cost me hundreds of dollars like the fat sharks. Something of decent quality and where I can get immersed into FPV flying. Here's a YouTube video of a few setups. However this video was made 9 months ago so I bet there are better FPV goggles. Any recommendations and let me know what I'll need to buy. Do you recommend the set up in this video below? First I'll need the HDMI module...l

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just to be clear, are you interested in VR goggles or FPV goggles that connect via HDMI?

You can find a list of commonly used FPV goggles here. No matter which option you choose, you won't be able to get your foot in the door for less than ~$300.

In the video I sent, Ben uses blitzWolf FPV goggles that run for 30-40 bucks on amazon. They are good for p3 and p4's.

So with the HDMI output and those goggles it's around $150 total. Anyone have this exact set up or one close to it. Wonder how good the quality is.

Also if I just buy the HDMI output first and hold off on / pair of FPV goggles, what benefit does the HDMI output give me?

Last edited:
VR goggles do not require the HDMI output module. You just slide your phone into them.

So why does this guy Ben say it's FPV when the head set is advertised as VR lol. The title of his video is all screwed up.

Yea I watched the video again. It's only a VR headset not a FPV. Sorry about that.

So wonder if these VR headsets are decent lol. Anyone familiar with them

So why does this guy Ben say it's FPV when the head set is advertised as VR lol. The title of his video is all screwed up.

Yea I watched the video again. It's only a VR headset not a FPV. Sorry about that.

So wonder if these VR headsets are decent lol. Anyone familiar with them

I use my phone inside of the VR headset, and it does give you FPV. You have to use Litchi it has a VR option. No need for the HDMI out. My goggles cost $20 at Walmart and Litchi was $25 on the App Store. $45 and I'm flying.....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl