A bit of advice please

Reaction score
Hi, could you just have a look at these 3 photos and see if you think anything is a miss, it keeps propting me for updates but everything is flying well, but I can only get the standard view on my map, no satellite version.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 448
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 432
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 401
Did you have a data signal where you were flying? If not you need to cache your maps prior to driving out to where you want to fly.

Phil

I dont know about the data signal, I will look that up Phil, and no I didnt update because of the stories, and it is flying well at the moment

Mine says to upgrade firmware but it still flies fine. I'm on 1.1.9. I ignore the message to upgrade.

My guts say you don't have a data connection when out where you are flying so the app can't download a map. Just start the app at home and zoom in/out to the area you want to fly. When you see the area in detail you map is cached.

Reactions: mick
I dont know about the data signal, I will look that up Phil, and no I didnt update because of the stories, and it is flying well at the moment
Some aren't having issues ... but mine is flying great so I won't be upgrading until the new firmware is track tested for a good couple of months.

Reactions: mick
I take it you have tapped on the map square to make it full screen and then tried to select satellite view?

Yes I tried that, I used to be able to get all 3 views but now only standard, I have just done what Phil advised at home and am now going out to try it.

That worked Phil, thanks for that, ill do that now before I leave the house if im going to do a job

That worked Phil, thanks for that, ill do that now before I leave the house if im going to do a job
Brill. No problem. You don't have to do it if you know you're covered for a data connection. But I generally look at where I'm going before I leave to check for access roads and footpaths anyway, kills 2 birds with one stone.

Just for further info. You can configure the buttons on the underside of the controller. I have one of mine set to toggle between map view and FPV view. I think the option is listed as FPV/gps view. The other I have set to display battery info.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl