Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

A bit of advice please

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by mick, Jul 19, 2015.

1. mick

Hi, could you just have a look at these 3 photos and see if you think anything is a miss, it keeps propting me for updates but everything is flying well, but I can only get the standard view on my map, no satellite version.

Attached Files:

2. SnoozeDoggyDog

Did you have a data signal where you were flying? If not you need to cache your maps prior to driving out to where you want to fly.

Phil

3. pedrombracho

Did you.... Update the firmware? Because that's exactly what is asking you to do.

4. mick

I dont know about the data signal, I will look that up Phil, and no I didnt update because of the stories, and it is flying well at the moment

5. SnoozeDoggyDog

Mine says to upgrade firmware but it still flies fine. I'm on 1.1.9. I ignore the message to upgrade.

My guts say you don't have a data connection when out where you are flying so the app can't download a map. Just start the app at home and zoom in/out to the area you want to fly. When you see the area in detail you map is cached.

mick likes this.
  6. SnoozeDoggyDog

Some aren't having issues ... but mine is flying great so I won't be upgrading until the new firmware is track tested for a good couple of months.

mick likes this.
  7. charlie999

I take it you have tapped on the map square to make it full screen and then tried to select satellite view?

8. mick

Yes I tried that, I used to be able to get all 3 views but now only standard, I have just done what Phil advised at home and am now going out to try it.

9. mick

That worked Phil, thanks for that, ill do that now before I leave the house if im going to do a job

10. SnoozeDoggyDog

Brill. No problem. You don't have to do it if you know you're covered for a data connection. But I generally look at where I'm going before I leave to check for access roads and footpaths anyway, kills 2 birds with one stone.

11. SnoozeDoggyDog

Just for further info. You can configure the buttons on the underside of the controller. I have one of mine set to toggle between map view and FPV view. I think the option is listed as FPV/gps view. The other I have set to display battery info.