7th channel on back of Phantom TX.

Reaction score
Trying to find specifics on the hidden 7th channel on Phantom TX. How is it accessed on the NAZA-M or is it a direct connect to the receiver? If its to the Phantom Receiver, how and where is it utilized. Been looking, and just don't see how it can be used. Anyone have an answer or can point me to a source? Additionally, I see there are two pots on the back. From Collins video it showed the use, but I couldn't tell which one was which, the upper or lower.
V/r
John

k8xd said:
Trying to find specifics on the hidden 7th channel on Phantom TX. How is it accessed on the NAZA-M or is it a direct connect to the receiver? If its to the Phantom Receiver, how and where is it utilized. Been looking, and just don't see how it can be used. Anyone have an answer or can point me to a source? Additionally, I see there are two pots on the back. From Collins video it showed the use, but I couldn't tell which one was which, the upper or lower.
V/r
John
http://vimeo.com/64670716
This guy has a sweet Phantom. His site is cool too.
http://www.simensays.com/
He sells the lever you speak of on the X1 channel, which is the top hole on the back of the transmitter.
You can turn the gimbal with a small flat head screwdriver.
I never messed with it (X1 channel) before activating the gimbal setting, so I dont know if that activates the it channel, or not.

Thank you for the reply. I was actually looking for some of the more in depth specs on what requirements are needed servo wise, Digital/analog, Timing, frame rate, current allocation through bus etc.. Naza is pretty tight lipped on their equipment, unlike JR which I'm use to working with. Actually not looking to actuate photo gimbal, but another item I'm contemplating, and may not even use servo's depending on what some of the channel specs are. Sure appreciate your response, I probably will just end up just measuring with scopeand computing what is needed. Guess I was just being lazy. Ha ha ha.
V/r
John

You need to plug the servo's into the Naza controller.
Roll servo into F1
Pitch, or Tilt into F2
Install a 6v bec to power the servo's.

In the Naza assistant software, turn on the gimbal control. then set the parameters for your specific needs.
You will be able to tell, by the amount of movement the gimbal makes when you move the aircraft. "don't be surprised
if readings are quite different from left to right, and center may not be zero. Just do whatever it takes to make it work.
Make sure your radio is "ON" when you make the adjustments, and the gimbal pitch control lever is centered.

There will be some basic instructions available with your gimbal, and videos online too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl