Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced 63% battery

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by freeky, Jan 3, 2016.

1. freeky

anybody im getting confused. 1- Is it safe to take of with battery off 60% . Let say flew for few min then went to new place 20min later and took off with same battery.?? 2- i fly perfect with no prob with firmware : V01.05.003 . Do i have to update with 1.6 ??? i am flying P3 Advance ? here many different story's. Please anybody

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

It can be perfectly safe if you mind your battery voltage. Many pilots pay no attention to the battery voltage, so it's just easier to tell them to only fly with a full battery.

3. kirk2579

+1 on what Phantomhelp said.

I would tend to be more likely to fly like you described after landing same day
    vs.
    putting it away for days and then taking it out at 60%.

But myself 60% and I am on the ground, it is an automatic battery switch. no harm , no foal!

Good luck and have fun flying!

4. freeky

thanks for reply.
    what about up load i live in Spain so warm enough.
    Or is it about the cutouts from some battery's and i am been lucky that i didn't had any problems .

5. Fat City

This subject is controversial, but personally I have never had a problem with landing and then taking off again within a few minutes. One of the main considerations is the battery temperature. If you've flown long/hard enough to raise the battery temp substantially, then I think it's safe to resume flying at 50-60% as long as the battery has not cooled too much. Obviously the air temp affects how long it takes the battery to warm up and how quickly it cools down.