5000mAh li-pos for my FC40

Reaction score
I was looking at some you tube videos and learned that with widening the door just a bit I can run the 5000mAh 3s lipos. This is great because I run the 3s 5000mAh Turnigys for my 1:5th scale truggy. Yea for me!!

That's a big battery, 412 grams.

Hey CyberVet65, you are flying at the same elevation as I do much of the time. What are you getting for flight times, on what battery, and what's your bird weigh?

Loaded to 1256 grams, with the P2 9450 props, I am getting 11 minutes on a good day with the Turnigy 4,000.

I did not know a 5000 could fit in the battery bay. Even after modifying the front, the 4000 fits snug in there and does not look like there is room for expansion. I had considered an F450 kit to mount bigger batteries and 10 inch props, but since I am already getting 17 minutes on the 4000 battery this is not a priority. Can you post a link of those youtube videos?

Beario, go to youtube and just type in dji fc40. A ton of videos. Or look for big battery door modification.
For iflyinwy I don't weight the unit. I just want it in the air longer. It is not equipped with anything. Just box stock. No camera

Beario, go to youtube and just type in dji fc40. A ton of videos. Or look for big battery door modification.
For iflyinwy I don't weight the unit. I just want it in the air longer. It is not equipped with anything. Just box stock. No camera

I know this is going to make me cry, but how long do you get to fly... everyone flies longer than me. :(

Hey Beario, you probably already have this, but here it is again.

This might help you find things here in the forum.
It's Google Custom Search, enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

I'm just liking the setup with the 5200 battery because now we are essentially getting the same as a vision in terms of flight time.

IflyinWY Sorry for the delay, been busy. Specs, 9450's, Walkera G-2D, FC-40 camera, 1100' elevation, 11.1v to auto land. Your guess is as good as mine as far as weight. I think before the gimbal it was right at 1kg.

Beario When I had only 10 minutes flight I always wanted more. With 20 minutes plus I don't always use it all.

CyberVet65 I think usually car batteries have a higher C rating and weigh more. Let us know how it turns out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl