500 case same as 700?

Reaction score
My wifi repeater is the P2V's 500 version. I have the two outside antenna connectors mod on it. Just wondering if I purchased a 700 if the case base or bottom is the same as the 500. I am thinking with different looking electronics inside the screw holes for the circuit board may be in different places. The idea was not to have to drill new holes IF I bought a 700 to go along with my FPVLR antennas coming soon.(I hope)
It would make the 500 a better sale item if the case did not have holes in it.

Ah, goody, goody. Same board.
Thanks. DC

dirkclod said:
Yes It will :cool: Look here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22318&start=130#p227868 The inside has a little more in it ,like a little shield.

Hmmm... Look at brushless's picture near the top of the page (click on link below)... then mine towards the bottom. My NEW 700 is the same as brushless's. My OLD 700 wouldn't show battery utilization in the app and I didn't see any difference with range... If you buy a new one, you'll be getting a board like brushless shows in his pics, which will probably still fit the same shell. Just wanted you to be aware that it's not exactly the same board, as my pictures show...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22318&start=100

-slinger

Interesting for sure. Makes one wonder when ordering one IF they would get an "old" version or a new one. Just about have to open it up and check. Have to do that anyway to make the wire changes. Best to buy one from a place they would allow a return if an old version.
EDIT: Yes, check first with a distance fly and should be able to tell difference.

Happyflyer said:
Interesting for sure. Makes one wonder when ordering one IF they would get an "old" version or a new one. Just about have to open it up and check. Have to do that anyway to make the wire changes. Best to buy one from a place they would allow a return if an old version.
EDIT: Yes, check first with a distance fly and should be able to tell difference.

If you can see the battery percentage next to the RE graphic in the app... You're good to go. You've got the new one...

-slinger

Good to know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl