$50 batteries? Yes it's true.

The day I got the email telling me about this deal I ran out the door fast as hell. Started at target where they only had 2 batteries they did sell me them at 50 each Went to the next target about 7 miles away they had 4 but wouldn't do the price match. Telling me it has to be available online or in store at GameStop for them to honor that price So then I went to bestbuy. There the people at the store did try to get me the match. They did the same thing they looked online to c if it was available online or in the store but it wasn't. Then his boss had home go the extra mile for me and he went to the other side of the mall to the GameStop there to have them look it up on there system. no luck the batteries were discontinued at GameStop this all took about 45 mins at bestbuy but it was well worth the wait to save $100 per battery. Hell I have 4 batteries now and that more then enuff to run my phantom just about nonstop

My nearest Target wouldn't budge on the 2 remaining batteries they had, but the Best Buy nearby did match for $50. Unfortunately Best Buy only had 1 in stock, but now that I have a Best Buy receipt, do you think that Target will now match my Best Buy receipt?!?!

Reactions: p3s_noob
...but now that I have a Best Buy receipt, do you think that Target will now match my Best Buy receipt?!?!

I seriously doubt Target cares about seeing a competitor's receipt. It's really up to the individual store manager and his/her mood.

You should be happy with what you landed thus far.

I scored 6 today and will pick another up tomorrow. Here were my experiences with Target and Best Buy

1st BB Store: Grabbed the 2 they had, 1 had security tape on it like it was opened up. Took them to the counter showed them the GameStop price from the link, no problem, $49.97 each out the door. They also said if the battery showed usage to bring it back and I could get a refund.

1st Target Store: Grabbed the 1 they had. Took it to the Customer Service counter and I guess Target uses an iPAD that lists which competitors they match and it's suppose to send them to the item link. iPad sent them to GameStop's main webpage no item link. I showed them my phone they used their own phone. Took awhile but no big deal they matched, $49.97.

2nd BB Store: Grabbed the 2 they had. Showed them the price no problem, out the door $49.97 each.

2nd Target Store: Grabbed the 2 they had. Took them to the Customer Service counter. Told them their iPAD would not find the item to price match but they tried anyway. They used the iPAD to browse to GameStop's website then do a search instead of whatever program they had on the iPAD that does the price match search. They agreed to match but said they could only match 1 item per day. I argued a little then they said they could hold the other for me to buy tomorrow. I'm thinking "what is the difference if I buy that today versus you hold and I buy tomorrow?". I relented, it's on hold I'll grab it tomorrow.

Reactions: Gordon Stevens
Target told me the same thing only one a day so I told the manager that I'm just going to ask person behind me to just buy it for me with my card he laughed and I said I'm serious so he just let me get the second one. So stupid some of there rule. Don't they know yet that rules are meant to be broken, lol.

And to the people who did not succeed please keep trying with different cashiers and workers at the stores you will get it if you are firm with them

Well, I placed each in a P3 to look at battery cycles.
3 show 2 cycles
2 show 0 cycles
1 is dead, won't charge, tried turning it on it flashes all LED's then blinks the 1st LED then nothing.

The dead one I will obviously return but the 3 with 2 battery cycles I'm not sure yet if I'll keep or not.

I had three. Two were never used and one had a bad cell, returned the bad one no problems. My problem is that Target and Best Buy don't check these things out before they put them back on the Shelf to sell the somebody else

I went to target on Long Island ny . They price matched the batt to Gamestops website 49.99

b38f4839c7386bfde74200c0126ae32b.jpg

Anyone try getting this price matched with Amazon?

Amazon matches prices? Hmm.

EDIT: Just googled it. Amazon DOES NOT price match, with one exception... televisions.
I'm trying right now.......lol

I'm trying right now.......lol

Ahhhh...wouldn't do it. Amazon used to pricematch their stuff before as I've done it in the past but their policy changed he said. that sucks!!

It is hit or miss. Both Target and BB have policies that state the item must be in-stock either locally or online. So, some Target's and BB's bring that up some don't. What I found is that Target is by far the hardest to deal with. First thing the customer service person says is usually rather emphatically "We don't price match GameStop.". I correct them, tell them to look at their "Price Match iPad" and so they get a "learning moment". Half bring up the in-stock deal half don't. Half the BB's bring up the in-stock deal half don't. But it's worth a shot right, I mean hell new P3 batteries for $55 (after tax). I only wish I would have had the local BB order a replacement for me for the one that was dead on arrival. I am sure they would have. I didn't think to ask them instead of just getting a refund. I had a "brain fart" moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka