$50 batteries? Yes it's true.

So my story has taken a turn. The battery I got from Target, which was opened, had a bad cell. Total charges in the DJI Go App showed 0 after my first charge but cell number #1 was showing a lower voltage. See attached image:
View attachment 77586

I went to Target and was concerned they wouldn't honor the price match so I did a no receipt exchange which worked.
Something is not right there.

It shows a broke cell. But the voltage is near full. That can't be right. It should only be reading 12 to 13v. Not 17. No argument that its not healthy.

Something is not right there.

It shows a broke cell. But the voltage is near full. That can't be right. It should only be reading 12 to 13v. Not 17. No argument that its not healthy.

You sure? The rest of my batteries show 17.x volts.

I just went to Best Buy. They didn't have any on hand but the guy said he could order one. I asked if he could price match the Game Stop ad and he said sure. He looked it up and his jaw dropped, he couldn't believe the price, but he ordered one with free shipping delivered to my door. About $54 with tax.

Reactions: Matts175
Just tried again at another Best Buy - Denied, as they said that the item was not available on Game Stops site for local pickup. Oh well ...

Yeah. It all depends who you end up with at the register. Some are just like.... whatever. Other follow the rules to a T. I think I want to try one more Best Buy on the way home tomorrow.

Should probably be a pretty good secondary market setting up as well for those that don't want to do the legwork.

Should probably be a pretty good secondary market setting up as well for those that don't want to do the legwork.

Yeah. Guys are already selling them $80 to $90. What's not right is that some got extremely jealous and called them greedy. I personally don't think it's greedy. The guys had to drive to the store, stand in line, go through all the hassles, BIG possibility of getting turned down. Might have had to go to 3 or 4 stores to get them. Then the guys that got turned down just EXPECT them to sell them to them for $49.00. Even at $90.... it's a great deal and you can't complain.

Yeah. Guys are already selling them $80 to $90. What's not right is that some got extremely jealous and called them greedy. I personally don't think it's greedy. The guys had to drive to the store, stand in line, go through all the hassles, BIG possibility of getting turned down. Might have had to go to 3 or 4 stores to get them. Then the guys that got turned down just EXPECT them to sell them to them for $49.00. Even at $90.... it's a great deal and you can't complain.
It's capitalism.

You sure? The rest of my batteries show 17.x volts.
Of course they are! I presume they are all good batteries :) If the cell is bad it should NOT read 17v was my point. I suspect it was the sensor not the actual cell. Regardless, its still a bad battery.

So, here is a twist I had not expected. ALL of my batteries from yesterday say Dongguan. Both the 133 and the 12! And I looked at my old batteries (no boxes). But I did pencil A01 and A02 on the two that came with my P3A and the rest were from my P3P and extras purchased at the same time. The two from my P3A shipped direct from DJI have NO manufacture origin! None. The labeling is totally different. The other 3 (one in the P3P box and 2 extras) all purchased at Best Buy last year sometime are all Dongguan marked.

Out of 9 batteries, 5 in service for a year and 4 mint from unopened boxes, 2 are unmarked, 7 are Dongguan. Absolutely NONE are Sunwoda. None are marked 5C charge range, all say 0C charge range.

78f44cb2a8774a82a930833bcd34ed71.jpg

It's totally legit, I think 6 batteries is good for one drone

Reactions: Matts175
There's a scam that large retailers use that goes like this. We guarantee to match anyone's price or......
Then they have manufacturers special make items that for all intents and purposes are exactly the same. They may be a different color, or sometimes just a different model number on the label. It's a complete scam so they don't have to price match. I wonder if these Target and Best Buy batteries fall under the same scam. Targets price match tool wasn't working because it was a slightly different model. All specs were the same.

It worked at a Best Buy for me also. We tried at target and they said no. I only wanted for a spare anyways. I was shocked it worked and manager was not happy. Lol

One success and one failure. I stopped at Target on the way home and they had 2 in stock, me not being greedy just purchased one with the price match. Now the only reason I was able to get the price match at Target was because one of the local GameStops still had them in stock (was 20 miles away, but still local).

Best Buy on the other hand denied the price match because they could not verify that it was the same item. They did let me call the one GameStop that still had them in stock and try to get the part number or UPC number form the box but unfortunately the GameStop employee I got on the phone sounded only slightly smarter than a rock and was unable to locate the UPC number on the box...

Still happy I got one, since I have been waiting to get another battery hoping for a same somewhere.

So my story has taken a turn. The battery I got from Target, which was opened, had a bad cell. Total charges in the DJI Go App showed 0 after my first charge but cell number #1 was showing a lower voltage. See attached image:
View attachment 77586

I went to Target and was concerned they wouldn't honor the price match so I did a no receipt exchange which worked.
So just like you the box that was open from target had a damaged cell and no history of charges. The other one is fine.

So when u returned it you said exactly what so I can try to exchange or return it myself.

I knew when I saw that that box was opened I should said something to the manager, don't they check out the stuff before putting back on the shelf for sale.

But all in all this was an awesome deal. Two weeks ago I go the polarpro filters from best buy new for $15

Third Target worked for me. Both were sealed. Both are part 133. One came in the brown box, the other one came in the retail white box. Guest Service guy gave me the price match on both because it took him so long to sort it out. 6 is enough for me.

Last edited:
So just like you the box that was open from target had a damaged cell and no history of charges. The other one is fine.

So when u returned it you said exactly what so I can try to exchange or return it myself.

I knew when I saw that that box was opened I should said something to the manager, don't they check out the stuff before putting back on the shelf for sale.

But all in all this was an awesome deal. Two weeks ago I go the polarpro filters from best buy new for $15

I just told them I'd like to exchange it because it was broken and I didn't have a receipt. I chatted briefly with DJI and they were willing to send a label to exchange it as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94