4k video and converting

Reaction score
Basic questions probably, but I've done a lot of photography with the drone and not a lot of video so not quite sure best way to shoot 4k. I see my video settings on the tablet in DJI GO 4 say im in 4k but I just have a few questions.

1) I have recorded some video my video in 4k (well the app says im in 4k settings) and can play it on my laptop which isnt 4k - would I be able to play it if its actually 4k on a non 4k laptop?

2) This may answer itself depending on first answer - is the stock SD Card suitable for recording 4k if not does it default to a certain resolution?

3) I feel with 4k becoming the new 1080p its best to record it in that so looks good when looking back in a few years - but how do i convert 4k video to 1080p for now to watch on TV? Which software do people use? I have a high spec PC which should be capable, (i7 3.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 960GB SSD, 2x Radeon HD 6950)

Thanks and any other pointers regarding this would be good as Im sure its something a lot of new drone flyers wonder :)

Your Laptop doesn't have to have a 4k native screen resolution to play 4k, it is simply scaled.

The SD card will be fine if it's capable of 100Mbits/sec (plus a little extra for overhead). Hard to find one that isn't in recent times.

Find yourself a video editing application. There are threads with recommendations. You will quickly want to do more than render in different resolutions. Any 4k capable app will output 1080.

This may answer itself depending on first answer - is the stock SD Card suitable for recording 4k if not does it default to a certain resolution?
The P4P records 4K video at 12.5MB/s. The stock memory card that DJI ships is able to write at least 40MB/s.

1. the standard card is 16 gigs in size which is a little small,, I would get a 128 gig card that records at 100 m/bits per second.

2. Yes it will scale the vid , no need to have a 4k resolution screen

3. For a decent priced package I used cyberlink power director 15, which for a pack for 100 bucks comes with photo director and sound director. It can handle anything the P4P can record in including H265.

Brorsoft iMedia Converter for Mac , is a completely professional HD video converter, player and editor. Unlike some free video converters, it is capable of serving as the best 4K Video Converter for Mac. It provides hundreds of output format presets for 4K videos, such as Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 422(HQ), Apple ProRes 422 (LT), Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), and Apple ProRes 4444 for Final Cut Pro, AIC MOV for FCE (Final Cut Express) and iMovie, MP4 for any mobile or PC video players, and more formats for better editing, playing, and burning. This Ultra HD Video Converter is also available to customize the output resolutions to any size the users want. For Windows users, turn to 4K Ultra HD video converter.
Ok...how much do you get per endorsement?...sorry mate, just kidding...I've used Brorsoft and they also support PC as well as Mac.

I'm the user of Brorsoft Video Converter Mac to transcode my Phantom 4 Pro H.265 to ProRes before importing to Final Cut Pro X. It works perfectly. I am very happy with this software!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan