Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

47 and 57 Watt Charger

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by lawman0210, Nov 3, 2015.

1. lawman0210

I plugged a load detector in line with my p2 and p3 chargers. This tester measures amps and watts. The Amps showed 4 but the wattage was showing 260-280 watts for p2 and 340-350 for p3. How can this tester be so far off?

2. olof Ekbergh

The P3P Lipo has smart circuits in it. That means that the chip regulates the charge continuously.

If you look at a smart charger, a regular Lipo RC charger. They have a screen that shows how much it is charging by, and it varies a lot as battery reacts to the charge and it sometimes pauses to balance cells as well. The DJI does this invisibly inside the battery. Regular Lipo chargers have 2 connections, one for balancing cells and one for power some even have a temperature probe to cut current if Lipo gets too warm. The DJI charger only plugs in the power, so it is a dumb charger but a smart Lipo.

3. lawman0210

So getting the smaller higher watt charger isn't going to give me any benefit? I actually tried my P3 charger on a p2 battery and charged just fine. Took about 40 mins from 25% or so to full