Has anybody custom built a charger to charge multiple batteries?

Reaction score
Hi all,

There are tons of multi-chargers available for P3's and P4's, but I haven't found anything decent for P2's. So I'm wondering if any of the enterprising souls here have made a home-made, custom-built charger to charge multiple OEM DJI batteries simultaneously.

(I am a Part 107 pilot and I go through a lot of battery power when I fly for work, and in order to avoid downtime I'm constantly charging 4-5 batteries simultaneously. Currently, using 4-5 separate DJI chargers, there are wires running everywhere and it's a mess.)

As far as I know, it should be very feasible to do such a thing:
I understand that the DJI batteries themselves include the necessary low- and high-voltage shutoff and charge-controlling circuitry, so the charger itself is no more than a simple 12V power supply (more like 13V in reality). If that's the case, electrically speaking all that's required is a 12V (13V in reality) power supply of sufficient capacity to be able to handle the current drawn by multiple batteries as they charge.

Then it's a simple matter of fabricating an enclosure of some sort and wiring the terminals.

(I'm envisioning a plywood box with slide-in slots for six batteries that can either by plugged into a 120VAC wall outlet or, as is more often the case for me, connected to my vehicle's 12V electrical system.)

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I believe your "charger" ( power supply), puts out 11.1volts and I assume it can handle around 4amps. Then you will need a 15-18amp supply, offering 12volts. I don't see and issue with powering this from home, but can your car handle 18amp draw? Most 12v outlets, accessories, etc are on a 15amp fuse. And be careful not to drain your car battery and get stranded. ( voice of experiance from flying electric RC planes )

Check this out... HeliStar PC2 DJI Phantom 2 Vision Battery Parallel Board w/15A Adapter [HLS-0108] | Drones

Maybe buy a few of these...?
Venom DJI Phantom 2/3 Drone Battery to Charger Adapter Plug

Hope this helps.

BostonPhotog- Are you (or anybody) still looking for somebody to build one of these setups for up to 6 batteries?
If so, let me know and we'll talk!
John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan