3rd gimbal on Phantom Vision 2 + stays in follow mode

Reaction score
I am using a 3rd party gimbal/GoPro combo on my Vison 2 +. The gimbal is connect to the F2 port of the NAZA board to have pitch control over the gimbal. Problem is, that the port somehow seems to be switched to follow mode and the gimbal is, instead of keeping the camera stable, tilting it every time I fly forward/backward. I do not know how to switch this off. All information I found about set up of the NAZA board is only taking about how to adjust speed or sensitivity but not how to switch mode from follow to regular gimbal mode.
Does anyone know how to fix this.

What gimbal are you using? Also, when you say 'tilting' the camera, do you mean:

A: Camera faces towards the ground when moving forward, to the sky when moving backwards
B: Camera tilts sideways (left or right) when moving forward/backward

Hi PatrickD,
glad you picked this up and try to help me.
My problem is your option A: "Camera faces towards the ground when moving forward, to the sky when moving backwards"
The gimbal I am using is a China Gimbal I bought on Amazon. It does not have a brand name but the seller is "crazepony". Here is the link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AJZO4WA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I would say it is a pretty standard gimbal. Everything else works fine. It powers up and if I disconnect it from the NAZA board it actually works fine and compensates movement on both axis as it is supposed to.
Hope you can solve this problem for me.
Thanks

Sounds like Your roll axis and tilt axis has been mixed up..swap them around at the gimbal board.

I am assuming you are using a clone bcg gimbal board.

I am no expert on this, but is it possible the Naza is sending conflicting signals to the board on the gimbal. In Naza assistant you should be able to decrease the 'Automatic Control Gain' in the 'Advanced → Gimbal' tab to zero.

A wiring diagram is attached.

Also, a manual is attached. Not sure if this is exactly relevant to you.

Attachments

• SimpleBGC_manual_2_2_eng.pdf
    338.3 KB · Views: 320
  • SimpleBGC_connection_diagram.pdf
    131.6 KB · Views: 315
Hi, ive had a couple of these units with no problems at all. As the unit stabilises the roll and pitch when not connected to the naza then I'll ask you what pin on the naza have you plugged the pitch cable into, second which pin on the board is the other end plugged into?
Now not all boards use the same pins for pitch control, most boards have a legend on them saying which pin is for roll and pitch etc,
Next follown Patrick's advice and make sure you change the setting in the assistant software, it's unlikely a wiring issue as the unit works fine without the pitch cable.
If you can't work out which wire it is on the board end send a picture of both sides and I'll look at the ones i have to see if they are similar.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan