3DRobitics Solo

Reaction score
For some reason I've always wanted one, not sure why.

I think it was because it looks hearty and fun to fly. Since 3DR has made the decision to focus on hardware, they are blowing out their remaining inventory from what they thought would be a very fruitful 2015 UAS year for them.

Unfortunately for them DJI started implementing the things that at the time set them apart. WayPoint modes, orbitals, GPS follow and some other now basic things but at the time was good for a $1700 flying rig.

So now they are blowing them out at about $275-$300 and the gimbal (which doesn't come with and only fits the Hero 2-4) is going for about $50 instead of $150-$200.

The most expensive part as far as buying something I don't want would be the Hero 4 but lately I've been considering buying it just to have.

With the Hero payload it gets about 20 mins a flight and the previously $150 bats are going for about $50 and I believe comes with 2 and charge in like an hour or somethint.

The initial appeal of it was that it was open source and modular so there was supposed to be all kinds of cool gimbals and cameras and mods that would make it better but the platform was plagued with flyaways and dropping birds more than any other and other issues.

So short story, long, should I give in to my gear lust and buy something that's cheap compared to what it used to be but I can't think of a good reason to get something that I don't need but SO want! Lol.

Ugh. Expensive hobbies suck. The only way this would ever make me money is if I crashed it instead of a more important one. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews