Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

333 exemption age requirement/ PL?

Discussion in 'Rules and Regulations' started by Sterling, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Sterling

Hello all, two questions

One, is there an age requirement to get a 333 exemption? 18? I'm 17, want to get an exemption but don't know if I would be allowed to proceed (it looks like I would be able to, no problem, but I don't know)

Secondly, I have seen accepted petitions that ask for an exemption to the rule about having a pilots license to operate commercially. Anyone else asked for / received this exemption?

Thanks!

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

You might want to check that.
    Lots have asked for it but every 333 granted has the following clause:
    Under this grant of exemption, a PIC must hold either an airline transport, commercial, private, recreational, or sport pilot certificate. The PIC must also hold a current FAA airman medical certificate or a valid U.S. driver's license issued by a state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, a territory, a possession, or the Federal government. The PIC must also meet the flight review requirements specified in 14 CFR ยง 61.56 in an aircraft in which the PIC is rated on his or her pilot certificate.

3. CEB70

You have to be at least 18yrs old. For now a 333 exemption to fly your UAS commercially for a business to charge a fee you need at least a sport pilot's license.

4. N017RW

You can obtain a license at 17 (Solo at 16)