3 Weeks experience, Flying in Turks and Caicos

Reaction score
So! I got my Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D back in April. Not to long after that we did a trip down to the Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean to film some promotional videos of hotels. 20+ knots of wind, 3 weeks of flying experience, i'd say it turned out pretty well. Everything is shot on a GoPro Hero 3+ black edition in 24fps 1080 in narrow mode with protune on. Post stabilized and de-fished. Would love to hear some feedback! This video does also contain some footage from a Canon 60D, ignore that ;).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm7iydjP0ZA

just perfect.
No other words for it.......
did you also do the editting?

EPIC!!! Very nicely done. How long did you get to spend down there? One thing (and totally not needed) is some under water reef video. I am PADI certified so if you ever need someone to travel down there and film for you let me know;) That was absolutely perfect though and you really don't need to change a thing. Keep those videos coming!

Very professional looking video! Great work matching the video with the music and having a wide variety of shots.

Nicely done with some great aerial, but the shot I remember is through the opening doors......don't know why, but that one stuck with me!

Curious why you filmed in 24fps? I can't imagine a situation when this video would ever be viewed at 24fps unless it was intended for a movie trailer.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! It has been a blast flying this thing and am pretty impressed with the results I have gotten out of it so far. Going to try shooting 2.7K in the future, didn't have a system that could handle footage that large before, but have since upgraded. I shoot 24fps because I am more a fan of the look it produces as opposed to 30fps, which looks a little more "home movie-ish". The fact that YouTube and Vimeo both now support 24fps has sold me on perma shooting 24fps.

FRS said:
EPIC!!! Very nicely done. How long did you get to spend down there? One thing (and totally not needed) is some under water reef video. I am PADI certified so if you ever need someone to travel down there and film for you let me know;) That was absolutely perfect though and you really don't need to change a thing. Keep those videos coming!

Will definitely keep you in mind FRS! We were on a crazy tight shoot time wise when we were down there. 2 weeks of filming and not too much time to get in the water unfortunately. The Turks and Caicos has some of the best underwater scenery in the world, so definitely hoping to get some stuff at some point!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl