3 weeks and first crack

Mine cracked the first few days. So after getting a new shell put on by the dealer, I did 2 things. I put UAV bits reinforcers on the bottom and also used Bondic on the interior side to sure it up. Taking it apart the get to those parts was a pain in the butt, but I took the reinforcers off last week after tons of flights and no cracks. The strong arms may have been fine but using the Bondic just gave me extra insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Mine cracked the first few days. So after getting a new shell put on by the dealer, I did 2 things. I put UAV bits reinforcers on the bottom and also used Bondic on the interior side to sure it up. Taking it apart the get to those parts was a pain in the butt, but I took the reinforcers off last week after tons of flights and no cracks. The strong arms may have been fine but using the Bondic just gave me extra insurance.

Do you think metal or carbon fiber arms reinforcers work better than plastic ones?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks for the link, I have some small cracks on the landing gear of my P4 and will give that a try. As for the comment regarding giving the OP the flick with his remark, I resisted temptation.

Do you think that if i try to fix my crack with this glue should i put a risk the entire warranty validity ( i still wait for a detailed answer from the seller after a generic one given to me yesterday ) ? As the same for you?

Do you think that if i try to fix my crack with this glue should i put a risk the entire warranty validity ( i still wait for a detailed answer from the seller after a generic one given to me yesterday ) ? As the same for you?

I was considering the warranty issue, but given that it is more trouble for me than it's worth and the cracks are tiny, I will have a go at fixing it as mentioned earlier. Cracks around the motor mounts and other critical areas would lead me to sending it back for warranty. Trying to fix those would probably void your warranty.

I was considering the warranty issue, but given that it is more trouble for me than it's worth and the cracks are tiny, I will have a go at fixing it as mentioned earlier. Cracks around the motor mounts and other critical areas would lead me to sending it back for warranty. Trying to fix those would probably void your warranty.

I would consider now to prevent other cracks to put the arms reinforcers as a full reversible option and hope shouldn't void any warranty..

I would consider now to prevent other cracks to put the arms reinforcers as a full reversible option and hope shouldn't void any warranty..

I think that if you modify the shell or open it up, your warranty is gone. If you can stomach the wait, get it fixed under warranty and see if the replacement is better than the old shell.

Don't use plastic cement. It literally melts the plastic as it bonds pieces together. Too much potential to cause more problems by weakening the surrounding material. Many here have recommended using plast-aid. Amazon.com: Plast-aid 80400 Plastic Pool Part Repair Kit, 6-Ounce: Patio, Lawn & Garden.
Bonds completely with the shell material without damaging.
Richard, you are spot on. After two years I developed cracks in my P3P. My cracks were pretty bad so I swapped the shell. Before I swapped everything I mixed up some plastaid and reinforced all of the arms. This thing is rock solid now. By the looks of the OP's cracks, plastaid would take care of his problem without having to replace the shell.

Good Luck with getting your bird back in the air. I bought a P3A opened the box and I had cracks and never had the bird in the air!! UGH!!! I wrote Repair service ( California ) and asked them several questions.They ignored all my questions and just sent me a return label to print and send my drone back. So I mailed them 2 more times and they still ignored me....I was not happy about sending my brand new bird back in!!! I just got the drone back yesterday and it took 23 days to get it back. I also bought some plast-Aid and when my warranty runs out I will open the drone and give it more support.

Best of luck with your drone

Good Luck with getting your bird back in the air. I bought a P3A opened the box and I had cracks and never had the bird in the air!! UGH!!! I wrote Repair service ( California ) and asked them several questions.They ignored all my questions and just sent me a return label to print and send my drone back. So I mailed them 2 more times and they still ignored me....I was not happy about sending my brand new bird back in!!! I just got the drone back yesterday and it took 23 days to get it back. I also bought some plast-Aid and when my warranty runs out I will open the drone and give it more support.

Best of luck with your drone

Is this the only official repair service in US? Not so convenient in that case..
BTW i've received invoice from the seller just now, then i've to decide if return immediatly the bird to him. I'm not so happy about this

I think that if you modify the shell or open it up, your warranty is gone. If you can stomach the wait, get it fixed under warranty and see if the replacement is better than the old shell.

These are wise words. I'm just scared to wait for an other defective replacement and waste of time, since this is not official dji warranty

These are wise words. I'm just scared to wait for an other defective replacement and waste of time, since this is not official dji warranty

If you are not able to get the unit fixed under warranty, you can try the suggestions in this thread. Not a bad thing, but if you have some time to repair the cracks and keep an eye on them as we all do at some stage, you should be fine.

I've used a UV activated bonding cement on the plastic clips that hold the pull handle on a clothes dryer door.

It has held up for about 2 months now with all the constant pushing and pulling on it.

I never thought it would hold up to that strain, but it did. I've a feeling it would work on your Phantom. No disassembly required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d7c076819427e1ceed43a4f951a2c599.jpg

Above's the answer from the seller.
Should i laugh or cry..?

Also go into your Expo settings back off the braking a lot. Think about an ice skater stopping abruptly or gliding to a stop. Lots more force on the shell on the full on brake, ease off the throttle. Also ease up on the vertical throttle, no slam dunk. There is lots of power in the machine , fly gently and the shell will last longer. The GPS braking will try and stop on a dime .. huge force on the shell.

Also go into your Expo settings back off the braking a lot. Think about an ice skater stopping abruptly or gliding to a stop. Lots more force on the shell on the full on brake, ease off the throttle. Also ease up on the vertical throttle, no slam dunk. There is lots of power in the machine , fly gently and the shell will last longer. The GPS braking will try and stop on a dime .. huge force on the shell.

Interesting. Thanks, i will try

Can you suggest me a video tutorial to open safely the case ( or perhaps to disassemble the motor only if that's enough ) to fix this crack with some glue..? Thanks in adv
I've seen many but none so clear

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart