3 weeks and first crack

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm Fabio from Bologna.
Forgive bad grammar and syntax..
i like this forum because it seems newbies friendly.
I've a P3A about only 3 weeks and 20 flights and yesterday i've noticed my first crack.

a180898f5a322a470a909a5061812ee6.jpg

Without crashes yet. Warranty cover this lacks?
If possible i prefer anyway to avoid customer service. Any advice or way to fix it at home and/or to prevent more cracks? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
This is a known issue. P3A engine bolts were overtightened in the factory. Check all the others. Back them off a little so they don't over stress the shell...

I would take it back for a warranty claim, you could do as Jammer as suggested, but the cracks remain and you've thrown quite a bit of money into buying the unit.

Thanks for the advices.
Tevek you're right but i'm only annoyed to leave the P3A too much time because the slowness of the warranty support in my country

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I
Thanks for the advices.
Tevek you're right but i'm only annoyed to leave the P3A too much time because the slowness of the warranty support in my country

I would be hoping that the place in Bologna would provide a warranty if they are an authorised dji reseller and give you a replacement drone. Regardless, if they say you would be waiting two weeks, it would better than having a crack in your new drone that may cause you grief later.

I

I would be hoping that the place in Bologna would provide a warranty if they are an authorised dji reseller and give you a replacement drone. Regardless, if they say you would be waiting two weeks, it would better than having a crack in your new drone that may cause you grief later.

After checking up i've noticed bad news for me..
Unfortunately i've purchased the P3A on ebay store ( topsuche ) wich provide me only a 1 y legal warranty and not the manifacturer conventional warranty. It means that if something happens i've to ship the bird to the seller ( i don't know where and if at my own cost yet, maybe in Germany ) and then wait for a fixing up or a replacement. Emailed to the seller tonight and wait for a reply.
Next time i will be more careful on buying online

Reactions: First_Dano
Hey jammer I have known about the crack issue for some time now and have been watching my P3P and luckily haven't seen any as of yet but this is the first I'm hearing it's because of the screws being too tight. Is this also a problem with the professional? Should I back mine out a bit on my professional?

After checking up i've noticed bad news for me..
Unfortunately i've purchased the P3A on ebay store ( topsuche ) wich provide me only a 1 y legal warranty and not the manifacturer conventional warranty. It means that if something happens i've to ship the bird to the seller ( i don't know where and if at my own cost yet, maybe in Germany ) and then wait for a fixing up or a replacement. Emailed to the seller tonight and wait for a reply.
Next time i will be more careful on buying online

Well I hope the seller does the right thing and refund you the money or provide you with a receipt that may still have some warranty left on it so you can return it for repair. I have used PayPal to purchase items on eBay and had the money refunded when the goods arrived damaged. Could try that or use Jammer's advice and back off all the screws a little and monitor the crack. I have read on this forum that is a particular glue that is safe to use on phantoms that is quite good.

Reactions: Passo Morgone
If you want to try to fix yourself, would liquid model car glue work? You wouldn't even need to take it apart I suppose, the glue would wick into the cracks. As long as the plastic is polystyrene or ABS it should chemically bond with this type of glue.

tes3502.jpg

If you want to try to fix yourself, would liquid model car glue work? You wouldn't even need to take it apart I suppose, the glue would wick into the cracks. As long as the plastic is polystyrene or ABS it should chemically bond with this type of glue.

tes3502.jpg
My only concern would be if the glue, being flammable would eat into the plastic during the bonding process and make it worse. I'm going to try and search for the product that someone recommended for phantom plastics. I also looked at some glue in the local hardware shop that requires UV light to set, but I was worried it may damage the shell.

Perhaps this helps - I've not personally tried this Fc40 stress crack what is the fix
Fc40 stress crack what is the fix

Thanks for the link, I have some small cracks on the landing gear of my P4 and will give that a try. As for the comment regarding giving the OP the flick with his remark, I resisted temptation.

tes3502.jpg
Don't use plastic cement. It literally melts the plastic as it bonds pieces together. Too much potential to cause more problems by weakening the surrounding material. Many here have recommended using plast-aid. Amazon.com: Plast-aid 80400 Plastic Pool Part Repair Kit, 6-Ounce: Patio, Lawn & Garden.
Bonds completely with the shell material without damaging.

Reactions: Loz and tevek
This is a known issue. P3A engine bolts were overtightened in the factory. Check all the others. Back them off a little so they don't over stress the shell...

Tried to back off a little the four central bolts with success. Don't seemed so overtightened.
I would try to do the same with the single smaller hex bolt at the top of the wing but don't have the appropriate hex key yet

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl