$250~3DPOWER Brushless Gimbal Mount DJI Phantom 2 Vision

ok I have this gimbal installed and powered up, however whenever I turn the vision on, the camera just jumps all over the place. I have loaded the taco -rc profile through the GUI..what am I missing here?

ok, so now I finally got it to stop shaking uncontrollably. took it up for a test flight and there are jitters. going to play around with the settings some more. any tips to smooth it out? im uploading a video now.

tizzl10 said:
ok, so now I finally got it to stop shaking uncontrollably. took it up for a test flight and there are jitters. going to play around with the settings some more. any tips to smooth it out? im uploading a video now.
yea!!!

did you guys get the dampener protectors basically all it is two washers and s screw the dampeners need to be pre compressed to eliminate the shaking .. the factory dampeners are to soft..

rfernandez said:
did you guys get the dampener protectors basically all it is two washers and s screw the dampeners need to be pre compressed to eliminate the shaking .. the factory dampeners are to soft..

ordered some on ebay..should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday. for now im using zip ties..lol.

tizzl10 said:
What's the link for the video?

Dear DKDarkness,

Thanks for the link. Strange that I could not download the link from my home computer last night but I can download from my office computer this morning.

Would try to play around the GuI to adjust the shaky Gimbal.

What are the appropriate parameter settings within the GUI ?

Raymond

SlackerATX said:
I ordered the kit and the separate mount thinking they were different. Based on a comment from another user they are the same and the kit comes with the same mount they sell separately. At first glance they look different because the pic with the separate gimbal doesn't have the Velcro in the pic, but it does have the slits for the strap. That and sometimes they picture the mount upside down so it get confusing.

I ordered both and should be here Monday so we'll know for sure. I expect them to be the same.

The mounts are the same for sure. I have an extra now.

Here is a little not edited test video of my Taco-RC gimbal after rebuilding it.
It looks like I need to play a little bit more with the damping rubbers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zt1oepdPSM[/youtube]

DKDarkness said:
TheFlyingSentinel said:

Yes, I posted that link in the MotorPixie section on saturday. I contacted Marcus who drew the thing, and you can download the source files from his homepage http://www.stoeckli.net

Seems to be a very nice guy, he might update the design to include a better IMU holder and move the controller to the back, so keep following his designs :)

Cheers for the flowers ;) Yes, I finalized the design and the cam has more ground clearance. More important, the new damper design and 60 frames gets rid of the jello effect. Happy printing :D

Noël said:
Is that the battery sitting in the back?

No this is a GPS tracker. I'm in aerial flights and FPV for over 10 year and in my experience things try either to fall or to escape :lol:. In the early days I lost a fully equipped RC plane and a friend lost his octocopter last winter including cam :cry:. The gimbal is powered from the Phantom. Current is about 120 mA, so this will have close to no effect on the flight time (P2V draws about 15A).

I hear you. Have had (till now) no escapes with my Flip FPV and P2V, but better sorry than safe!
I'm using a FMkit for my tracking.
It's way smaller, but also works way different than a GPS tracker (more info: http://fmtv.us/rf_beacon.html)

Anyway.. I guess that your design is balanced (CG) for using the tracker. So will It be fine if used without one?

Noël said:
I hear you. Have had (till now) no escapes with my Flip FPV and P2V, but better sorry than safe!
I'm using a FMkit for my tracking.
It's way smaller, but also works way different than a GPS tracker (more info: http://fmtv.us/rf_beacon.html)

Anyway.. I guess that your design is balanced (CG) for using the tracker. So will It be fine if used without one?
what fm receiver do use with the beacon? what type battery do you use with the beacon? Weight including battery?

Currently I use gps tk102b tracker. it works well but cost a little to operate. $10 bucks eVery 90 days and weighs about 50 grams.
You can lighten them and get them to about 30/40 grams drilling holes or removing them from the housing.
I like the no cost of the beacon but I like the tracker that it gives you a mapped location that is within 6 meters.

I now have about 4 full battery's worth of testing under my belt with the Taco Supreme here in Las Vegas and I thought I would just share my opinion in case anyone is teetering on the idea of buying one.
It took an evening to get it fitted and working with a fair bit of advice from this forum and a bit of buggering about within the DJI assistant software but I must say I am extremely happy with it, I would go as far as saying it is a revelation, I friggin love it, yes it needs A little tweek within the assistant settings but I have not had to do any GUI tweeking at all.
I will post a video as soon as I get a moment, I am so happy with it I have decided to pack it up and take it back to the UK with me tomorrow and get some nice footage of my UK home.

Pound for pound, buck for buck it rocks.....and it arrives four or five days after you order it!

and from today they also have a new design for the camera holder ;)

http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-38/3 ... ell/Detail

a20791c14526c75255d7f4_l.jpg

urgno said:
and from today they also have a new design for the camera holder ;)

http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-38/3 ... ell/Detail

a20791c14526c75255d7f4_l.jpg

OK you know your bent when you have insomnia from the ★Which type of Gimbel should I buy mental debate! LOL
I just couldn't stand it and now @ 4:15am I read this post & it may have help in my decision.
Just one big question, is the picture of this new mount shown in the photo, the one that comes with the kit for $259.00??
If so I'm sold. I could not tell from looking at the website...
Thanks for anyone who can help with my question...
Moose

[off-topic]
@Skipholiday

re: what fm receiver do use with the beacon? what type battery do you use with the beacon? Weight including battery?

Battery comes with the beacon. I think that it is a 3.7 volt LiPo
Weight including battery antenna (RTF) is: 10 grams
I'm using a Yaesu VX5 as receiver with a 3 element boom.

Some pics: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4955&start=130#p55621
[/off-topic]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka