2 weird issue happened

Reaction score
I had 2 weird issue happened today maybe someone can shed me some light

Was testing new windsurfer today went about 7800ft

Instead weak signal or lost signal it shows disconnected and all gone

I reboot the app but same issue
Kill task and startup app again same problem

Not sure what's happening so I let the app run and hit rth

Sit down and had a smoke after few minutes I heard go home and I got image and the aircraft is already half way home

I then tested sport mode playing around with it within Los

Finally landed and get error message gimbal motor overloaded

Restart app and aircraft twice and the message gone and I can fly again

I checked flight log during the time it lost signal but it didn't capture the exact distant I went

I recorded video the entire time

It seems like few minutes before I got disconnected the app did not record anything

Yeah but your video card did. Of course the in app won't record when it's all locked up. But if you happened to be recording at the time, and if you didn't fill up your SD card, it should be on there.
So did it run out of range? I guess from whAt you said, you don't know if you lost signal, or it locked up? I've had 3 birds so far, and only lately on the last P4 I got, and only have a hour and half, it gives me some sort of power differential, like 5 to 4 then a 3, then back, but usually I've found they like to go from hero to zero, which I hate, and at that distance with a stock bird? Over water? Open fields? I'd say it did lose connection.
That's beside the point though, why the disconnect. The guys that can help will need to know what were you using? Tab phone? Brand, model?
Seems like you lost ALL signals both way, because like you did, restarted it and waited, I woulda maybe left mine on, but u had time so, it seems like that isn't an issue I'd worry about, 7800 is quite a long way, you, about a mile and a half almost, further then I've taken mine, but had a mile with solid bars, and I have a mod antenna! I'd say that isn't bad.

Maybe the gimbal was in a weird position and with the sport mode it was working pretty hard and doing a lot of stuff for sport mode, and did you have it on "follow" or "FPV" the latter would put a ton of extra pressure on the tiny motors to maybe heat them up. I'd want watch that next time your in sport mode and see if prolonged flying in that mode is overheating the motors, not saying it should but it's sound thinking after what you explained.
There's a lot smarter guys here I'm just the first to try and help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did check the video from SD card, and it looked like the moment i get disconnected message on DJI Go app the bird initiated RTH as start coming back, I'm not sure why it got disconnect, probably the app crash, or the cable is loose which i don't think so.

I had few flight after that and so far didn't get the motor overheat issue, tested with sport mode but not aggressive on turning.

I had my gimbals on follow me mode, I read quiet a few and some other forum they had same issue when starting from grass, I did recalibrate and it looks ok now

Btw whenever i Ascend or descending my motor/prop will make the squeak sounds i then replaced with the spare props i had the sound is gone

BTW 7800ft was with windsurfer, with stock on same location it only goes up to 5700ft
I flew in a field conjested with wifi interference and trees next to housing area, i guess i can get better range with widely open area, But then i went 7800ft only to test distance, I don't think so i will be going tat far again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl