2 days with the vision+ (video)

Reaction score
This is my first video using the vision+ after the first 2 days of owning.
It's just some footage taken around my property staring my kids and the dog.
The framing of the kids running is not very good as I bent the gimbal arm and had to crop and tilt post. I'm yet Tui fix it.

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/97189197[/vimeo]

I'll look now mate, as a new member id like to say welcome. Have you read up on your new purchase? If not please do watch as many youtube instructional videos especially the original ones of the phantom vision non plus made by colin guinn because too many new flyers are crashing their pv2+ and the camera and gimbal are very fragile. I just dont want you to join that club because as yet it cant be repaired. Start off slow if you are new and enjoy your flying mate!

Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to discovering the different kind of shots that are possible with this machine as I get more acquainted with it.

On a side note what did I do wrong when posting the Vimeo video link? I took it you just place the url in between the [vimeo] brackets but that didn't work well?

Double-D said:
This is my first video using the vision+ after the first 2 days of owning.
It's just some footage taken around my property staring my kids and the dog.
The framing of the kids running is not very good as I bent the gimbal arm and had to crop and tilt post. I'm yet Tui fix it.

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/97189197[/vimeo]

I can't believe this is the first time you have shot and edited a video. It's too well done to be a first time effort.

Thanks heaps for the compliment. It's the first time I've edited a video from a quad copter. I have never flown any kind of RC before. This was taken from 6 of the first 8 batteries using it. The first 2 I just learnt to fly. I do however take and edit video as a profession so that's a head start.
I've been away filming a dancing eisteddfod for the last 4 days stuck in a theatre. I'm so looking forward to flying again tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

the video is really good nice job but the image seems to be too grainy i wonder is this normal?

Hey Double-D-
Way cool video. I read in your replies you're new to quad-ing and quad-videoing - but you've been doing video editing for awhile professionally. It really shows - nice job.

Can you give a newbie some tips on which is the easiest video editing software (and won't break the bank) you'd recommend? I'm on an all-Mac environment and have played around for about an hour on iMovie. I've got some pretty good video clip material, but have yet to be able to put them into anything useful like you did...

Thanks in advance - happy flying.

The boy falling in the water was hilarious, but even funnier was the other boy laughing at him for it. Well done...

@seminole360 it was funny though after the edit it got a bit violent. Hehe

@rrhansen. Thanks. I'm not a Mac user but iMovie should be a great starting point if you're new to editing. I've seen others mention great cheap software on this forum worth checking out. I'm a Sony Vegas user only because that's what I learned on and have never changed.
A few tips
Remember that the footage is more important than the software.
Mix up the lengths of your shots and only use the smooth ones.
You can never take to much footage as 90% won't be good enough.
Best of luck and looking forward seeing your video :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl