2.7 at 60 fps vs 4k at 30 fps

Reaction score
Hello,
My son has a P3 standard and shoots at 2.7 30 fps. I was wondering how my P4 at 2.7 60 fps would compare. I can shoot and edit 4K on my computer, but don't have a 4k monitor.
Thanks for your help,
Terry

60 fps will be smoother if your monitor or tv can play at 60fpm in high resolution, if not it could drop every second frame so you will see no difference or like my TV it will not support that type of video. If you decide to play a 60fps at 30fps you have smooth slow motion. As far as rendering down to 1080p 30fps, this is the max my TV can play, my video filmed in 4K rendered to 1080p is the best image quality,(large initial file size) 2.7 at 30fps a close second and filmed in 1080p is good but not as good as the others. File size of 4K is huge but I will keep my video archived because one day I will have a 4K TV.

I fly my P4 at 2.7 60fps 99% of the time. It works well for the rest of my post workflow and produces quality results. 4k while cool, is just more than my videos need ...for now...there will be time that I'll be ready for it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

60 fps will be smoother if your monitor or tv can play at 60fpm in high resolution, if not it could drop every second frame so you will see no difference or like my TV it will not support that type of video. If you decide to play a 60fps at 30fps you have smooth slow motion. As far as rendering down to 1080p 30fps, this is the max my TV can play, my video filmed in 4K rendered to 1080p is the best image quality,(large initial file size) 2.7 at 30fps a close second and filmed in 1080p is good but not as good as the others. File size of 4K is huge but I will keep my video archived because one day I will have a 4K TV.

Here was my plan:
I just ordered an 1tb SSD to run Adobe Premier Pro. I can get external memory to save my 4K files. I can also get a 4K monitor. Is this a good plan? I actually plan to downsize 4K to 1080, but want to save my 4K files.
Your help is appreciated.
Terry

It's a good idea to save your files on external drives, I have 2 - 2 tb Seagate Plus portable drives, ( 2 more coming soon) they are dependable and inexpensive, under $100 each. I save all my video on one of the drives and make a copy (image) on the other drive in case one drive would fail. Your 1tb SSD (that's a big one) will run all your computer easy. Usually with disc drives you would use 2 drives, one to read and process and the other to wright the rendered file to but in your case with a big SSD I think it will be faster to transfer the all files you wish to work on from your archives to your SSD and render them and save on the same SSD. Maybe someone can correct me on this but I think all on your SSD will be faster than rendering to another drive. In any case make sure the files you wish to work with are transferred to your SSD, saving to another drive I don't think will make a big difference. Premier will have very fast access.

Editing and saving both the 4k and downsized files on my SSD is exactly what I wanted to do. I really hope that works well.
Thank you,
Terry

Any ideas supporting Erised's reply. I sure would like to do what he suggests.
Thank all of you for your help. This is by far the best and friendliest forum I have ever joined.
Sincerely,
Terry

My new set up includes multiple ssd and 1 hdd. What i have found is that when running your os on a ssd and the photo editor on a separate ssd you will get the fastest processing power and speed, while keeping all the files that are edited or just for storage on the hdd.

OS... On a ssd either on a m.2, pcmi card or Sata 6 gb (256gb)

Programs.... On ssd m.2 direct to board or same as above. (500 gb)

Storage files.... Multiple External hdd drives (2 tb)

I7-6800k (6 core) more cores allow for more processing power.
Asrock extreme4 motherboard
Nevida video card 1050....i think
2- ssd
1-hdd
16 gigs ram
4k monitor

This set up cost about 1k and should be expandable for the next couple of generations. If building a new pc i would suggest looking at "pc part picker". Parts are plug and play it will let you know if one part hase a conflict with others... Also support if you have questions

My new set up includes multiple ssd and 1 hdd. What i have found is that when running your os on a ssd and the photo editor on a separate ssd you will get the fastest processing power and speed, while keeping all the files that are edited or just for storage on the hdd.

2- ssd
1-hdd
16 gigs ram
4k monitor

This set up cost about 1k and should be expandable for the next couple of generations. If building a new pc i would suggest looking at "pc part picker". Parts are plug and play it will let you know if one part hase a conflict with others... Also support if you have questions

2- ssd
1-hdd
16 gigs ram
4k monitor

I

2- ssd
1-hdd
16 gigs ram
4k monitor

I

I was not going to put my whole operating system on the SSD, just the premier pro and video files. Does that make a difference?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl