1st Commercial Flight Under Part 107

good luck nickster

Everything went great! I did have two buzzards get a little too curious again where I had to bring it back down twice, but the photos came out awesome! Still haven't checked the video. I will share some when I get them touched up a little.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
awesome will be waiting to see the results

Ok guys. I got it completed, uploaded, and post edited with Lightroom and Photoshop to get my panos and watermarks. Here is one of them. I also put them on my website. Check them out on www.beeline-aerial.com.

IMG_1473635974.164438.jpg

Nice, but I have a suggestion.

In Photoshop, and I think Lightroom too, there is a Filter > Lens Correction which opens a panel showing the image and Auto Correction. Under that, you can select Camera Make (DJI), Camera Model (Phantom Px, or close to it.), and maybe a lens too under "Lens Model."

That will correct a lot of the barrel distortion (curvature) on the horizon (Which seems crooked too and leaning down on the left as some report.), as well as helping to straighten out the center street through the fairgrounds too. Pop a grid up in PS and try it.

I'd also burn the upper left sky down a bit too, and maybe get rid of that small black area in the very top right that drops into the sky. Maybe a layer mask for the sky and pop the contrast a bit too.

My 2 cents...

Nice site Nick .
Now don't forget my PayPal account for my cut :)
Account getting kinda low.

Nice, but I have a suggestion.

In Photoshop, and I think Lightroom too, there is a Filter > Lens Correction which opens a panel showing the image and Auto Correction. Under that, you can select Camera Make (DJI), Camera Model (Phantom Px, or close to it.), and maybe a lens too under "Lens Model."

That will correct a lot of the barrel distortion (curvature) on the horizon (Which seems crooked too and leaning down on the left as some report.), as well as helping to straighten out the center street through the fairgrounds too. Pop a grid up in PS and try it.

I'd also burn the upper left sky down a bit too, and maybe get rid of that small black area in the very top right that drops into the sky. Maybe a layer mask for the sky and pop the contrast a bit too.

My 2 cents...

@GMack thanks for the advice with Photoshop and Lightroom. I am always up for suggestions since I am pretty new with it yet (only had it for 2 months). If you ever see anything else that may help, let me know!

- Nick

Congrats and good luck! What kind of work will you be doing?

Still figuring it out. The City I work for asked me to do this. It was fun. I have seen some of the tractor pulls at county fairs that would be really cool to get also. I was asked at the festival yesterday to do an aerial inspection of some soccer fields. So, that is my 2nd gig. Long story short, photography, videography, inspections, events, etc. I have a bunch on my website that I did at my in laws farms. Those were fun. I would love to do more like those too.

If you ever see anything else that may help, let me know!

Great website! Since you asked....one fast way to NAIL the white balance for true color, as-you-saw-it in person (noticed the covered bridge colors varied a bit), is to do this:

1. Open the image in Photoshop CC (I guess most recent versions do this as well);
2. Go to Image>Duplicate and accept whatever name it suggests, "OK" ;
3. While the duplicate image is now active, go to Filter>Blur>Average. This will fill the active frame with one color;
4. Go back to make your original active, and click on the "Curves" adjustment icon (alternatively, Image>Adjustment>Curves...);
5. On the Curves window, click on the middle eyedropper, the one between the black-tipped and white-tipped eyedroppers. This will change your cursor into an eyedropper.
6. Click anywhere inside the duplicate image (the one we changed to one color).

Done. The colors on the original should now be exactly as you saw them that day (or the way the Phantom was told to see it, in case it was on Vivid saturation - but that might not be a problem, not sure - I just use None in the app). Hope that helps.

By the way, I am NOT in any way assuming I know more about Photoshop than you do. I probably do not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickster
I wish I still had Truecolor as an option for my P3S. I have been using none since they got rid of it in the last app update. Thanks for the photoshop help. I love it!

Sorry for the noob question but how did you get commercial status?

No problem. Here is the link for it on FAA's website. Becoming a Pilot

There are a bunch of threads in here for it and what to study for the test. I studied for 20-25 hours for it and it paid off.

Reactions: jointeffort

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl