100W LED on Phantom 3s

Reaction score
Thought i post a short video of a 100W LED attached to the phantom 3. Well actually its only at 75W right now because i was just testing the setup. sorry for the poor video, in person its honestly pretty crazy bright .

Last edited:
THIS
+
THIS
+
THIS

Wired the drone battery to the Boost converter to send 35V to the Led. Surprisingly this did not drain the battery fast at all. Had no battery warnings or malfunctions of any kind.

I am going to assume that although you stated "this did not drain the battery fast at all" that you DID see some battery drain?

I am going to assume that although you stated "this did not drain the battery fast at all" that you DID see some battery drain?
Yeah, although I only flew for about 5 minutes before I stopped I think my battery level was at 70%. I think if i wanted to fly around at the full 100W I could expect 10 maybe 15 minutes with GPS off, arm LED's off. I'm currently working on a better mount then I'll throw up another much better video.

Yeah, although I only flew for about 5 minutes before I stopped I think my battery level was at 70%. I think if i wanted to fly around at the full 100W I could expect 10 maybe 15 minutes with GPS off, arm LED's off. I'm currently working on a better mount then I'll throw up another much better video.

Thanks for getting back to me with this. So you would probably guess that your battery consumption went up 10-15%?

Thanks for getting back to me with this. So you would probably guess that your battery consumption went up 10-15%?
Yeah i'd say about that. I just wish i was able to turn it off or on remotely

Remotely turning on and off, can be done by turning the Front Led's on and off with the app.. There is somebody doing that by dragging a fishing line out and dropping it by triggering the lights.

Rod

What are you using for a heat sink? That LED gets HOT! Most 100w leds using active cooling and a large heat sink.

Remotely turning on and off, can be done by turning the Front Led's on and off with the app.. There is somebody doing that by dragging a fishing line out and dropping it by triggering the lights.

Rod

That is a good idea to put it on the same with the front LEDs. I wonder how much wire splicing would be involved?

Of course don't power the 100W LEDs from the arm LEDs, just use them as a remote trigger.
Too bad the C buttons can't be programmed to control them anymore.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

i was thinking of using a relay from the arm led's to trigger the 100W

Make sure if you use a relay, get one with a diode built in to prevent high voltage spike getting back to drone electronics.
More than likely the leds in the Phantom are negative triggered.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl